Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AWESOME ARROWHEAD

I finally figured out how to get the picture. Here it is my brother inlaw found this in missouri in 2007. Has anyone ever seen anything like this. It took my breath away when I first saw it.
arrowhead

Re: AWESOME ARROWHEAD

Ummmmmmm.. WOW

Nice piece.. if it was actually found.. .. I would like to buy that guy a beer!

Nice piece either way.. MOST items that we see like that are usually not authentic though, so do not be supprised at some of the reactions that might pop up here.

Either way, I would put it in a frame on my wall anytime.

Happy Hunting Yall
Michelle

Yeah there have been a couple of negative comments he has told me about. The guy is just a simple country boy lived in the country all his life and has found several nice arrowheads but nothing like this. He freaked out when he found it just a tip showing through the dirt of a mud bank. He took it straight to the bank and locked it up in a lock box.

Either way, Its a great piece of ART !!

If I had to make arrowheads and shoot little bunnies to survive... well... Might as well just start digging that grave for me now!

Thanks for posting it.. Its VERY cool looking.. with the barbs and all.. Either way, Sure would STICK into anything that sucker is tossed at!

Michelle

Your buddy must be playing a joke on you or something. If it is real you need too get about every COA in the world done. Even if you had 100 most people still wouldn't believe it. No offense meant I have seen some pretty unbelievable points in my day.

He's my brother inlaw. I've known him for years he's not joking. I understand that most people are going to think its not real but it doesnt matter. I would like to be able to give him the info he needs to have it looked at. Like I said he's a pretty simple minded country boy. People that know he has it have tried to buy it for a few thousand dollars and we told him no way don't do it. I just found out about all the pay digs in texas. In Missouri there is no such thing you just walk the creeks, rivers, or where people give you permission. If anyone knows the process of having it looked at please let me know and I will tell him. Thanks

Why do you think its fake? How can you really tell from a picture?

It looks too good to be true. It is perfect and very unique. I could see why people would question it until you had a coa. Nice though.

Yeah that's better than machine made.
Super nice. If it's the real deal tell him to lock it up. Heck, it would be worth the drive to let dwain rogers look at it. thanks for posting.

He locked it up in a bank lock box. Who's Dwain Rogers? Is that who he needs to contact and if so how do I get ahold of him. thanks

Dwain is supposed to be one of the best authenticators in Texas. Not sure about the state where this was found but you may need to find someone that does it in that state. Maybe somebody can help you more than I just did.

Yeah, I guess your right Douglas. There isn't going to be a specific type for that one in any state.

if you do a google search for flint knappers .com and go to there site there is a list of master flint knappers,look at robert killgo flint knapper.he makes this type of point.good example of the white mans work and to much time on his hands,with the grocery store close at hand.

Jer, yet another suggestion for that exotic. Bro in L should visit a local flint show. There is one in MO in Aug, Sept, Oct. Probably have 20 to 40
dealers at each that would have some comments.
Even just a picture to show will bring some opinions before having to do follow up inspections.
Same idea for you in TX, take a pic to an upcomming flint show. Have TX shows in Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct.

Cliff, I Googled, that site is an adventure ! I'll be starting my collection of modern mades soon.
The attraction is not the copy of popular point types but rather the Material, OR maybe MINERAL. I spent a lot of time on the top , first listing of the individual knappers.
These guys spend a lot of overtime seeking out WORLDWIDE incredible knappable materials.

Yes Ive seen those before... at the flea market and gift shops at Indian reservations ,their fairly common

Similar point,fake point

Good choice of a "similar point" Rick,
The "saw teeth" and " X's" motif really stand out.

it's a REAL arrowhead---- just not REAL OLD

WOW! I see why everyone says its fake. That pic really has alot of the same shapes. I still dont believe he is lieing to me. I have seen him get pretty emotional about this arrowhead. You could'nt get him to calm down about finding it. Thanks for the pic.

AAAaaghhh, , , No discrediting of Brothers in laws !!

There are stories of modern points being planted /found at dig sites. Usually as a bad joke.

This is NO joke. Bout 5 yrs ago our fossil club was on a field trip to Jasper, E TX. to search for
petrified wood that washes out of a certain creek there.
One of the guys let out a big Whoopie and proceeded to knock himself out getting down the very steep bank
to a great looking log sized piece of petrified wood...What a find !
Turned out to be a FIREPLACE GAS LOG. !

"Someone " had carried a 20 pound ceramic rock all the way back in the woods just as a Joke, even knowing full well he would not be
around to witness the find.

Thats the way life can be..

No kidding , I heard of a person that had their own web site for points and stuff , their so call friend had a 2 tang ed flint GORGET with real nice holes out of epoxy and planted it. Heck that person made the piece the banner head line on their web site only to find out later it was fake. Now you would think that person wouldn't fall for such a dumb joke imagine that

Yeah, Rick, I kinda remember that. Talk about cruel people. Doing something like that to a good friend. Don't recall the names, but I think it was an arrowhead site that I post on once in a while.

I sorta heard of that one myself.. Ya know, through the grape vine...

It was even for April Fools and they still fell for it!

I would feel very stupid if that were that person! And I would know!

Yeah it could have been planted I guess. It will crush him if it was. That might be funny to do to a friend when your there to tell him but not to plant it where some one you dont know is going to find it. I never really thought of it being put there by someone else. I know He isnt tricking anyone. Maybe the jokes on him. Thanks

jeremy, did you get my email, and are you going to send that point off for COA?

Jeremy, that piece is so new I'd be surprised if it wasn't still warm. I can't believe that there is a discussion about it on this forum but there is, so here goes......... you can forget about a COA at any price from any authenticator. A DOA is the best you can hope for.

Discussion leads to Education...Thanks for posting Jeremy.

Does Dwain Rogers give coa's over the internet via pics?

I don't think so? I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but i've seen many, many museum quality points, in personal collections, much like these. The existence of some eccentrics like these, are not out of the question, so go easy on your opinions. My friend here in Houston, has some that makes these look like child's play. I say go get a coa, to ease your mind, for better or worse.

Dwain Rogers' business associate, Jerome is also a top quality knapper. The following pic is one of the frames he was displaying at the Waxy show
on Sat 7/25

Photobucket