Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FRONT PAGE SPECIALS

Who knew ? Those beautiful unique tresures buried in the dirt so many years ago.!
If Corner tangs have been downgraded from very rare to rare, where might that put the Crescent CT ?
Maybe a new name type, like the RAPTOR CLAW C/T.

Mid back looks a G-11.5

I'd like to see a different perspective of JJ's find. No disrespect ment but it sorta looks like a car hood with hail damage!

Re: FRONT PAGE SPECIALS

What is that thing that JJ found anyways?

I've got a question for ya. Check out my blade below the crescent tang. I found that right here in Montgomery County. After the shock wore off of finding something like that in East, Texas...I thought it was a Kinny Blade. That could be the case IF it was found out west or in the hill country but right here in East, Texas? I'm thinking it is a darl blade. Thoughts?

JnnyTx, That is a gorgeous find. I think KINNEY is more likely than DARL, BUT the overall outline
looks closer to a Friday. That deep cut base is the problem. . .

At first look at the pic, before I read the words, , I thought " what a great WILLIAMSON COUNTY item "!

Thats NOT East TX flint. . . That ties in with your own thoughts that the type is more typical
for farther west than you .

When a local found point is found with unusual flint, it's usually considered a block of flint that was traded from another area.

Since your item may have been completely finished out somewhere else., Rather than traded, it may have been dropped by a roving hunting band, a war party or
a traveling salesman !

Hey johnnytx, I frequent the Conroe area creeks and have been pretty fortunate. I live in Bryan and haven't found anyone to let me onto their land to hunt. Any chance you're up for company?

Hey Chris, I'm always up for some creek stomping but man, it ain't happening right now. The creeks/rivers have been stomped over pretty good...they all need a good mixing up and flushing. I won't be hitting any creeks/rivers around here till we get a good rise in the water. From the looks of it, that won't happen till October/November with El Nino setting up shop. Whereabouts did you hunt around here?

I hunt all of Stewart's Creek and a little bit of the San Jacinto. Click on the pic and it'll show you what I've found in Conroe.

Catahoula

Sweet finds Chris! How long is that agate basin you found in Stewart's Creek?

It's 2 1/4 inches. most of the stuff I find is around that size. That's why I was shocked to see what you posted. I don't find anything like that.

Very nice. Go to the 'pictures of the week' archives. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see my son's base tang knife that he found VERY close to where I found my blade. He found this blade after Ike hit. It's a very pretty piece and not a nick on it.

jtx, maybe your surfaceing on an old trade route. That gorgeous black base tang also is not what I think of as E TX flint.
BUT maybe I havent seen enough ETX flint and could be wrong.
NOT wrong though about you surfacers being really lucky ! Diggers might find 50 brokes to every
complete but most surface finds seem uniquely complete.
What are the odds !

JohnnyTX, are you digging or surface hunting to find your points?

Chris J

Hey SH, I do a lot of digging also out in the hill country. As you said, I go through a LOT of brokes till I run into a goodin. We have been LUCKY, that's for sure. More than likely, we won't run into another blade like this ever where we are looking.

Chris, all surface finds my man. Like I told SH, these two finds were VERY lucky. It probably won't happen again but both finds were found within 20 yards of eachother within a year in western Montgomery County.