Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Chrisners Ranch

has anyone been to Chrisners lately? I am considering an early morning dig there this weekend. Are there areas you should be concentrating on? This will be my first time to go, and my son is looking for his first point.

Re: Chrisners Ranch

Hey Gman- check out the pics from the last digfest we dig. There'some info that will help with your decision.

are the trenches shown in digfest 2008, or similar ones, dug right now? It also looks like the areas around the large boulders may be good. Any other info would be appreciated

I went there once about 15 months ago and didn't do any good. But I am not the guru for that area. I'm sure there are better places than others. I just don't know.

G-M & son, The absolute finest up to date " where are they finding" , that even the regulars at
Chrisners use, is to ASK RICHARD when you sign in.

That digfest trench is now about a 1/4 mile wide !
As of a few weeks ago, Chrisner expert Lee reported
good ensors being found in that first cut running diagonally away from the trench.

For a first visit to Chrisners time really flies.
There is so much of interest to be seen....It's all Indian country. Keep looking down every single step. . .ANYWHERE !
That one point could well be a surface find.

You have seen us touching on the current high temperatures. Your about to find out. Try to dig in the shade. Bring UMBRELLAS for walking around surface hunting. There are hundreds of dig holes and every one is a candidate for a point, gorget or
a shell with etchings that was thrown out / missed by the original digger.

Fully charged camera batteries

SH and anyone else,
well as usual, the boy would not get up. But, I went anyway, and did OK. It was not at all hot up under trees in the shade. I dug about 4-5 hours, after scouting for an hour, and found 3 whole points. Nothing off the chart, but pretty good for the price. Mary and Richard seemed very nice, and I will return.

The question I have for the experts is, do you believe the best untouched spots are up under the boulders that litter the sides of the bluffs? I dug on a sloped side below the large boulder line, and found zip, nada, not even any flint/shells. Then I decided to dig in the absolute center of the bottom of the hollow, what appeared to be under an earlier dig, and found many pieces, brokes, bones, shells, etc... and the 3 points I found. The land owner is saying basically "under the boulders" is where guys are producing. I only dug in Fulton Hollow. I hear the Perd/Paleo Camp is producing also. What do you think?

g-man

HEY WHERE IN FULTON HOLLOW DID YA DIG ? I THINK YOU DUG IN A VERY GOOD SPOT SO MANY THROUGHOUT THE PLACE ALSO IF I GO BACK HERE SOON I WILL DIG THERE AND OUT IN THE BRUSY CREEK AREA BUT ITS GOOD ANYWHERE BUT IM NO EXPERT AS HAL HAS CLAIMED IF ANYONE HE IS DA MAN !!

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE DIGS

Lee,
I dug on the right branch of the Fulton Hollow road directly in the center of the "road". I drove to where the actual road ends, and it is just the center of the draw. It is about 80-100 yards before the large bluff. Someone else had started to dig there, and i just kept going down and out. It looks to me like one needs to dig in and around the boulders, but I am a novice. I am only trying to ensure that I dig un-dug dirt, and not someone else's throw. I plan on going Tuesday or Wed. morning again. I will post pics when the wife gets back with the camera.

Any help with where to look would be appreciated.

g-man

G-man. . . YOU are now our most up to date knowledgeable Chrisners's digger !
Even Lee is asking where !
For a first day / first timer, 3 worked pieces is excellent. Your spot " under" some previous digs plus all the good signs says " dont move" just expand
that hole. On a 4 hour "test" dig, three worked pieces is actually pretty rich, there could be more finds just 2 inches farther in ! [ OR DEEPER ]

I like boulder digging but if Richard mentioned it to you, maybe just reclarify with him what he had in mind !

Congratulations on some finds and a good report. . . . I hope your digging buddy finds some enthusiasm from your hot area finds !

SH &?,
Enthusiasm for an 18 year old is what.....?
Man if I am the expert, you may as well stop looking for heads altogether. I had 50 worked pieces, only 3 points. I moved a world record LOW amount of dirt. I dug slow and easy. I was able to pull my car right up and listen to the music all day.
Richard said some guys were "splitting" boulders, and finding points under. Not sure how they are splitting these huge boulders, but there is countless places to dig beside, beneath, or around boulders. Where is the site of last years DIGFEST? I am going back one morning this week( laid off nothing but time), and may expand my search.
If any one has pics or info about Chrisners, please let us know.

Thanks
G-man

"splitting boulders" thats very impressive. When searching over predug camps sometimes
you will see some tremendous amount of earth moving and would say " WOW, for the amount of work done, they
must REALLY have been finding something great."

I'm wondering if Richards reference to "boulders" might actually be a dropped section of
a shelter overhang. ??
In that case it could be rich beyond belief !. . .From
paleo up until it fell.
They must have some workable splitting technique the common man does not have. If it was me, I would have to rent 2 or 3 house raising jacks [ 20 tons each ]

Digfest trench. From the checkin garage, straight ahead, left road at the barn. Go to end on road, just through gate on the left.