Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Independence Day find

Like to share a couple of photos and my find on Independence day. One is a picture of how I found it and the other is after a overdue bath. Hope you enjoy as ( I know it could not be as much) I did finding it.

Re: Independence Day find

wow! that is really nice. looks like you were in a really good snail layer. thatnks for the insitu pic as well.

Thanks for the compliment. Yep, a good snail layer mixed with some bone material.

Hoss,
That right there is nice. What a find!

How thick is that ?

Before I for get congradulations! Did I tell you it was nice ? That's Great.

Michael

Nuhand it is about 1/8 to maybe some spots a little thicker.

WOW Buf, when you learn how to post pics you really do it up right !
Thats a gorgeous find but also a slick insitu memory !I can also apreciate that as it sits you would not know if it was complete, , ,and mostly you cant see that it is a base tang. Everybody finds big blades but the notches are a huge plus.

I had my moment a few years ago and fortunatly did not rip it out of the dirt before taking pics.
To see, back to front pg, on second row of icons at the bottom, click, "BLACK MAX"

See what ya mean about "Black Max". Mine is a smokey Gray. Good Luck digging. Going out this morning hope to find a bucket load. Ah, hell a bucket would be just fine as long as I am digging and enjoying the outside, birds singing and the KILLER HEAT!

If you're getting to many of those bid ole base tangs, let me know...& I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you.