Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8/1/09 Shelter Finds

Photobucket

Re: 8/1/09 Shelter Finds

Can someone typology the first serrated projectile,i cant seem to put my finger on it?

I wouldnt care to say for sure on that first one, hopefully you'll find a similar one and
That would at least show that it is not just a one of a kind modified from something else.
That may be a unique "shelter" your working Drew, very good finds but I noticed even in your previous posts, some of the flint seems sun bleached.
If your really digging underneath an overhang, maybe the heart of the camp was farther away and
"litter" eventually just washed in.
That huge preform would have made a great Scallorn !

Your right Hal,Im in front of the shelter now,And i was told their is a midden on top,but cant seem to find it because of all the cactus and over growth of cedar.Im pretty sure theirs tons of camp below it also.

I still cant find a name for that point.Ive even shown it to a few ol timers that have been digging their hole lives[Dad and father in law] and they dont even know.WOW!!Guess ill start thinking of names so i can name my new point.HHMMMMM!!

What an enviable situation, good finds "below" with a backup site "above". You might consider moving a
small camping trailer out there and quit you daytime job !

Trust me.I would if i could.I dont think the arrowheads will pay for my bills.

The top left serrated point look's like the base of a Gower IMHO.

drew
Can someone typology the first serrated projectile,i cant seem to put my finger on it?

I dont think Gowers are that big and wide.

I still think another example is needed.
Stop stalling., , , get digging !

Going back this weekend

Hey Drew, on my post on TJ's Campwood site, I was told that broken one on the right of the second pic. was a gower. Not an expert on gowers as they aren't a common point found south of SA. See what you think of that point. He did call it an eccentric gower.

Ive never seen a Gower come out of the Bell co. area.But it could happen.When i think of a Gower, i think of a point thats long and slender.The point i found is short and fat.