Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
7-30 and 7-31-09 Fayette Co.

Photobucket
Check out the pecked stone. Can't call it a Waco sicker because it is not just pecked on the ends.
Photobucket

Re: 7-30 and 7-31-09 Fayette Co.

wow. looks like a great couple of days.

Good show ! You must be digging in the part of the camp where they threw their NON brokes !
Seems like a lot of blade types too, keep a lookout for Mammoth teeth.!

I was looking for a few more of those stones in Travis Co, and here you seem to have found one
way over thar ! See mine . . .back to frnt pg, click AUG 08 [One eye Jack w Thermometer ] Under finds of 8-9-08 to 8-18-08 [ little marker at 50% dwn }

Your right, no Waco sinker, couple of show dealers agreed mine was a BOLO stone.

Great finds Ive seen alot of those type points starting from Bell co down through williamson and Fayette now they must have congregated along the Colorado river , Good link to a Texas map with rivers and counties I use to log finds http://geology.com/state-map/texas.shtml

There was the fair share of brokes. Just didn't post.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here are few close up pics. Anyone have a similar item besides Hal? Would like to see other examples. Oh, and Hal, do you have a cleaned up version? Post if so. Thanks.

Good close ups Flint. That took some concentrated effort to carefully peck a hard stone .
Mine is just a Limestone nodule that was inciced by using the edge of a piece of flint [ one of those many points we find with one edge worn down and resharpened ?]
I'll post a pic in a day or so.

Two Markasite nodules dug from campsites, I have a Markasite just like the middle one that has a heavy ridge pecked all around.
I'm very proud of that one so I put it in a safe place not to be lost. It's not really lost , I just cant find it right now.

Photobucket

See past issues of TxCache magazine, 1 hardstone, 2 markasites.

Photobucket

Double notched Darl? Wicked! Also some pics of the better finds of the 2 day heat wave finds.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

What part of Fayette?.. I'm in Winchester...

I have a few points that look similar to yours.

http:crstfr.photoshop.com

Off Hwy. 71 near the Power Plant just outside of Lagrange. Does anyone have a similar item? I'm always looking for items besides arrowheads. Always keeping an eye pealed for the unusual item. Of course points are usually the only thing found. I have found a Gorget and beads and now this BOLO Stone? It would have been a good day even if I hadn't found any points that day. I was excited most about the stone.