Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TJ's Campwood Site Finds From Saturday

These are our finds from yesterday out at TJ's Campwood site. He's wanting to get the entire site dug by the end of the month. Big area, lot of good artifacts already found. Two perfect Andice points, a gorget found Friday, loads of Martindales and Pandales, etc. Enjoyed meeting some of the other posters on this site out there.

Several early triangles were found yesterday too.

Re: TJ's Campwood Site Finds From Saturday

Just as a side note, this site is located near Misson San Lorenzo de la Santa Cruz in Campwood and TJ said to look for historic artifacts too. Buttons, etc. from that time period (1700's). All Flicker found was an old bottle from the 30's.

There were a couple I wasn't sure of. Could very well be Morrel points. They'd found some broken plainview bases out there too. My blade is just short of 5". And it wasn't one of the best ones found this weekend.

nice tehuacana!

Thanks.
Still trying to locate the merrill points in the books. All I find is Morrill.
Am planning another trip out there. Had too good of luck to let this one slip by.
From what TJ was telling us yesterday, he's looking at opening up a couple of new sites next year. Hadn't heard anything new on Nacho's. Did hear from 4 different people that he is no longer doing digs at Barksdale. Anyone been there lately?

Nice going Te, persistance paid off nicely. Are you calling that choke necked base a Gower ?
Nice how most finds are consistantly early vintage. . .
Leaving the Scallorns for the Melvin gang ?

I got no news on Nachos

Yep, SH, the large broke on the second frame, even TJ called it that. Said that it was probably broken in the knapping process. Melvin didn't do that good, he found an early triangle and a few martindales. But he's got the fire for another trip. Gotta show me up. And no bird points.
This site is paleo/archaic. A few broken plainview bases have come out of here so far.

What does it cost to dig that spot?

$200. He has to out of there by the end of the month. New owner won't lease the dig to him.
He has two bobcats and the backhoe and 7 tables, so he can handle a pretty good crowd. We didn't have to wait on a single load. Still clearing the table and they'd be parked behind us with another load.

Do you have TJs number so i can see if they have any spots open this week?

Thanks for the info.

It's posted on the home page and TJ's link also. TJ is letting Cyrus handle the reservations. And it's easier to get ahold of Cyrus.

Do you have an idea on if the Merrils are for sale yet? If so please send me a pic of both sides of the one(s) that you might prefer to sell.
Gratis!

Roy Mills
I see two Merrill points in bunch and possibly a third. Roy

Excellent lead Te, If a body is going to look for artifacts at TJs Camp Wood, might be interesting
to know some about the past history.
Googled, , ,MISSION SAN LORENZO DE LA CRUZ and that will quickly lead to the TEXASBEYONDHISTORY page of
the Mission. Really good review, Aerial pics , artifacts , history etc.

Tks for the clue.

Have another one set for this weekend. Cyrus said they found a 6" Martindale, a giant metate, and a killer pandale. And they're still pulling out a lot of Andice points. I don't know if they've found a complete plainview out yet, but have found several brokes, mainly bases.
Still haven't found the elusive merrill point in any of my books. All I find is the morrill. Is this a newly named point?

Silver, Your offering to pay money for a point thats not listed in the usual common references. Surely
nobody would buy something without knowing what it is,or even how to price it. Did you find a link ?

well good luck,We were there wed.and didnt find anything.I mean nada!!!!There was about 12 other people there.They also found basiclly nothing exept 2 pandales.T.J. was bringing dirt from the fence line and we werent even findding any flint.Im not ****** at all,i know thats just how it is sometimes.So good Luck

Thanks Jacob. Cyrus said that they were digging all over. They were digging along the back fence when we were out there and that's where I found the Andice and the Friday blade.

Mike W had the inside story on the Merrill point.
It's a very early Frio stongly centered in Uvalde County.
Unlike a "Commanche" Perd, the distinguishing name never caught on. Maybe somebody at TARL didnt like old man Merrill !

We dug Saturday and Sunday morning and came away empty handed.Better luck next time, I guess.

Was kinda wondering on how y'all did Sunday. The new hole he dug by the big midden looked good,I know they hadn't found the edge of it when we left, wife still found that bell point. Were you the one that found the nutting stone?

dug at the site last night found one complete andice.

Then my alarm went off and went to work empty handed

Figures, my dream was an andice cache, 16 perfects and one with a chip on the corner. Then the wife elbowed me, said I was talking in my sleep again. Sheesh, hadn't even pulled the last one out when she woke me up.

leave it to a wife to ruin a mans dream!!

You need to speak with her about waking you up! Andice dreams are the best. I am still dreaming of finding one.

She does it again, somebody is going to sleep on the sofa.

wonder who

When we bought the sofa, I tried it out first, figured I'd get more use out of it then her. Actually quite comfortable. Keep falling off though when I roll over.