Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A little something this morning.

Went out early this morning and walked a few miles and picked up these. Not big Texas points, but a little something from the Arizona Indain Gods, and I was thankful.
Happy Hunting AL. C

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

Re: A little something this morning.

Sorry guys but I can not get a picture up on this site. I tried many times but it will not work.
Happy Hunting. AL.C

I think I got it

Hey Nate, thanks for the offer. Some of us old guys take a little longer to figure these puters out.
Looking in Overstreet I think the red base is Paleo but not sure. Sure wish we could dig over here. I think there is some great stuff not to far down.
Happy Hunting. AL. C

Now your cookin Al, my hangup is that I dont know how to convert all that garble
you first sent into pictures.
Good finds [but not as good as an ancient pottery spittoon ] Interesting how your AZ flint
does not react the same as most TX varieties or it would be pure white. I've seen recent WX reports in the Phoenix area of 109*, are you surfacing at night?

No SH, I'm just starting early. Its been 110 degrees every day for two weeks. But if you want to do things here you just have to count on it being hot.
Now that you mention it, I don't find much that is sun bleached. Hard to believe when you can hardly pick them up without gloves. Sure wish we could dig here.
I see its none to cool over in your neck of the woods either. 102 degrees in Camp Wood today. But hell, with all those Andice coming off the tables at TJ's who cares about a little heat.
Happy hunting AL.C

Az is so rich in metamorphic minerals maybe most of the artifacts just look like flint when
knapped. Agatised material has adapted well to desert conditions ! In central TX a lot of the flint has that gorgeous translucency, I'm thinking
the UV rays are able to penetrate deeper and cause a
pigment change.
Nice finds tend to make one forget all about such mundane things like WX. Big "cooling" trend forecast for AZ today then heading for TX. !