Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Anyone from my part of the world?

I am from Santa Anna, TX. If it helps Santa Anna is about 30 miles West of Brownwood, and about twice that far South East of Abilene. I have been a surface hunter for the last 20 years. I have hunting spots all over Coleman County. I am just looking to see what others are finding around here. I will work on posting some photos of my best one of these days.

Re: Anyone from my part of the world?

We're ready to see them when you are.

Thats a nice part of the world your in Cal. I seem to recall last year a fellow from Brownwood
was posting for local dig / surfacing places.
No leads that were ever posted. Good surfacing locations are a closely cherished secret.

I think Jerry Renfro is from that part of the state. He post on here sometimes.

i'm outta blanket ,i'm sure u know where thats at! I have been surface hunting and digging for bout 2 1/2 yrs. now and I have a pretty good collection, I don't have internet right now so i haven't been posting lately, oh I was probably the guy from brownwood mentioned earlier. I'm 26 and a huge indian history buff but my favorite hobby is hunting points, if you wanna talk or get together sometime my # is 325-217-5167. i work rotating shifts at the 3m plant in brownwood so if u don't get to me the first call just try again later. hope to talk to u later, comanche ken

not too far from you. 10 miles east of the I-20 and 281 intersection. looking forward to your finds. -travis

These are just some of my best finds.

Calvin,
I have recently started a job in Abilene and I have been looking for spots in this area. I have found a couple of points on a ranch South of town. The owner does not look for heads at all, and will let me look anytime. It is not great spot, just a spot. if you want someone to tag along, and it is 100% legal,let me know. I would love to see some points from this area. I have a small collection mostly from Comanche Co years ago from a ranch where the guy quit plowing after peanut prices went too far down.

gman-817-235-7163

Good eyes Cal, Excellent collection.
With that long a period of collecting you have surely identified your finds. I put the critical eye on your frame. . . . Of all those beauties, my personal best is that classic HELL GAP [ L side, 5th dwn ]
Should have a big red felt pen ring around it, or at least a gold star nearby !

That thing could have been laying around for as much as 10,300 yrs just waiting for you, [ sorta like the Genie in the bottle story ]