Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Some of my best.

These are just some of the best finds from the last 20 years. Most have been found in the last 5 years. If you look you might find the 4 that were Clovis and 1 CT.

Re: Some of my best.

good collection. is that some east texas flint mixed in there I see?

killer perdiz at the bottom

I see the bases of what "was" the 4 Clovis', I'm sure you'll pull a full one out before long. What part of Texas are you digging?

Got the CT & 2 "Clovis" I'll take your word on the other 2.
No honorable mention for that HELLGAP ? Thats an oldie but a goodie! Very nice.
I see Travis posted re your finds, , , Trust him to be attracted to the tinies but goodies !

Good show

What are you calling Hell Gap? If you are talking about the 5th one down on left side, I had been calling it an Angostura point. I have always had a hard time telling: Agate Basin, Angostura and Hell Gap apart.

I found that Perdiz on the Llano River close to Junction Texas.

I am from Santa Anna, TX. If it helps Santa Anna is about 30 miles West of Brownwood, and about twice that far South East of Abilene. I have been a surface hunter for the last 20 years. I have hunting spots all over Coleman County. I will try to start posting photos of what I find.

If there is any East Texas flint here an Indian brought it to Coleman County.

gotcha, some of the flint in the picture looked like east Texas stuff, but the points didn't themselves. i couldn't tell that well. i'm not too far from where your hunting if your close to brownwood. i'm out here in parker co. good finds.

Ok, Angostura looks better, I just got carried away with the Paleo factor. I only have one example of a Hell Gap and you really know it when your holding it.

The white one at the bottom right might be a Hell Gap.