Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Campwood Finds For The Day

I was going to post our finds for the day out at TJ's Campwood site, but the one and only Shallow Hal was there and did us the honor of photographing them for us. So he should have them posted shortly. Enjoyed finally meeting you Hal. Really enjoyed the visit. Today was angostura day. I think everyone out there was finding them. Also found was a 4" Bell, and Hal's monster meat ax. That find was a real buffalo chopper. Took two guys and a keg of beer to operate it. And Mary's G-9.9 pandale.

Re: Campwood Finds For The Day

" Have them posted shortly ". . . { ? }
I just walked in the door !. Maybe the folks would like to see close ups of the WASHED finds.

Certainly no pics from me at this hour of the day, It'll be all I can do to post what Floman can expect tomorrow.

Great dig with great folks. My one and only deep deep regret to the whole program.. . . .
I should have taken a plate of that BBQ brisket at
lunch, even if I didnt eat it then. . . .
Whole way driving back home, I was dreaming how good that would taste now ! wont happen again.

Yes it was nice to meet sneeky Hal, SH Really did not have much time for talking while the dig was going on. However he did offer my son and I some shade from his umbrella. he even held it for us over our screen while we were screening. What a nice guy ! Then i heard him say but just for 30 seconds , he had stepped out of the way so they can load his table again. Once the table was loaded he was off again. That was on his second load of dirt. Did not see him again they moved our screen down into the deep slope on the other end of the site. About 6 hours later te and i just sat down in some chairs and WHAT did i see. OH it was SH climbing up the backside of a large pile of throw dirt coming from the riverside. All i could see was his head camera and a big smile on his face. All i heard was got ya sitting down on the job And off he went again . Sure cant slow sh down. So whatch out for sneeky hal for he will sneek up on you and catch you slacking off.
Change of subject. Thanks for the tool , maybe ill get a chance to use it soon.

Hey Melvin
I didn't realize Hal was behind us, I saw you slacking on the job, but was too busy moving dirt to notice him. Not a great haul, but still a great day. Still like to see the pic. of Hal's monster meat clever. That had to be the find of the day.
I'll get our finds washed up and posted later.

yes i do agree a two indian job the meat clever is. Just wait till he post the pic of you in the chair, pictures dont lie. Thats really the reason i took a little break cause you looked like you were about to fall asleep in that chair.

That was my supervisory position pose. Had to make sure the screeners were working in unison. There was one little bout with a mob running back and forth between screens.
Finally got the before and after of our finds. My angostura is the one on the bottom far right.

wow that's alot of good points. and that must be Hal's beer artwork.

Some pics of the flint finds mentioned in this section can be found in the other
posting dept on TJ's 8/22.
I'll stick with the food & beverage documentation here.

The dust bowl tailgate attendees. . . . .

Photobucket

Cyrus with a bottle of bubbly named after his family estates' vineyards.

Unfortunatly he did not get to taste any as the tailgaters could not find him at the
time the big thirst hit !

Photobucket

Photobucket

Notice I'm sitting while everyone else is standing. Well that is the only other time that I sat in the 14 hours while there. Still in my supervisory postion. Making sure the peanut butter and baloney taco's were property assembled. Thanks for the vino Hal, that was a very good year. Vaguely remember drinking it. Notice the box of Twinkies on the ice chect. They did not survive the trip. We took them for Melvin's two youngest, but they didn't make it this time. So there is another Twinkie bandit in our midst.