Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TJs CAMP WOOD 8/22

20 diggers / screeners showed up Saturday to help TJ save what they can before the
site is closed,
Richard & Ross did their share. They created a mountain of sifted dirt big enough to do a skyshot.

Photobucket

Here's a pic of just the better pieces Cyrus had with him from the day before.

Photobucket

Melvin found one of the larger Angosturas of the day, showing to TJ.
TJ advises that he does not promote or endorse alchoholic beverage, he was just displaying a new
brand of beverage that came on the local market.

Photobucket

Here's the end of day pic but only from the little group of Ken, Melvin & SH
All unwashed [ flint AND people that is ! ]

Photobucket

Everybody got Angosturas !

Photobucket

Re: TJs CAMP WOOD 8/22

Thanks for the show Hal. Still think my angostura is bigger then Melvins. He was just trying to move his up and down to make it look larger.
There's supposed to be a complete plainview/folsom in the bunch. I didn't know about it till later. Melvin said Kayla found a complete folsom, but I've only heard of some broke plainviews being found.

come on now Te you know you can not stretch flint and the expert already said mine was clearly longer. Now just get over it. Yes about that flute less clovis folsom? not for sure.

Thanks to Hal we did get some good pics of the final total flint found.Just hope his camera didnt get to much of the dust in it. That should teach him a lesson on sneeking over the throw dirt piles to catch you slacking off. Guess it would be worth it though he caught you flat on your ass in a chair while he was between loads.

Bet he thought that wasn't a good idea to try sneaking over that mountain again. When I tried it, it was like running up a sand dune. No traction. Got nose bleed from the high elevation when I finally made it to the top. I might concede that your point was longer, but just this once. And that expert you were refering to, I saw you slip him that $20. No fair. Bribing the judge.

that's a great show! and I like the angosturas and that sweet montell

Here's a few more pics to confirm / refute some of the wild acusations being bantied
about. . .
First, re Ken caught " resting "

Photobucket

Re cimbing hills of talcum powder to shoot a pic of some folks who had it made in the shade.

Photobucket

Front end loader boiling through the bull dust to deliver another load of dirt to some
ever hopefull screener.

Photobucket

The dust is so fluffy it will not support an Angostura and a Lajita, to say nothing of
spent bubbly bottle.

Photobucket

I found a nicly made Kerville knife that Cyrus said was the largest he had ever seen in that part of the world.
The working face design reminded me of the tradition colonial Ax that we see of
George cutting down the cherry tree !

Photobucket

Is it technically correct to describe a point as " insitu " on a screen table ?
Point is an Angostura [ big surprise ! ]

Photobucket

Geckos have been known to lay in wait under the screen tables for any small birds that might
slip through the mesh !

Photobucket

Hal, I thought I would escape your camera, duh, no such luck. Wife had a laugh, as I'm sure Melvin did. But the last one was a killer. Can't say for sure, but the wife looks somewhat terrified of that crittter on the screen.
That pic. of me was one while giving instructions to the underlings on how to screen the dirt properly. Melvin was asleep in his chair, so I had to take over his duties. Notice the hand motion to move more dirt, Melvin was on my left, can't see him nodded off, just his feet.

Te, the cruel twists of fate has delt you a cruel judgement. Like the April fools pendant joke that
inadvertantly spirled out of control on somebody.

You could have found a perfect G-11, flauless translucent 10 inch Andice that day, and yet the flint history books
will forever record you as " The guy that sat in the directors chair while others knocked themselves out doing manual screening work in 100 plus degree WX. "

Cant change public sentiments but I found a pic that confirms your side of the story.
You can clearly see Mel napping !

Photobucket

say hal,im thinking about makeing a fast trip next saturday,being that it is still hot weather,whats the game plan at TJs,is it a full 8 hrs non stop, or does TJ stop for a long break,before going on.and i talked to nacho last week and he said he was working with TJ ,was he out there this weekend loading dirt?i got the bug bad and need one more trip under my belt before hunting season starts,and from what im told ,and read this is one i should not miss,before its history.any curant imfo would greatly help.and nice finds i might ad as well.thanks. cliff.

Cliff [ and anyone ] This time next week, the TJ Camp Wood will just the stuff the good ole boys will
talk about over a few pints of Milk in future years. Just do it.!

Re "pace". . . You can go at your own pace. The "standard" rules of flintery apply, , , The more dirt you move, the more you find.

There is an official / semi official lunch break, noon to one. Just before knocking off the screen is loaded to overflowing. work it or leave it as your body can stand. No starting bell, people just wander back to their assigned screens and dirt magically arrives.

No quitting bell either, after about 11 hours of non stop, both screeners & drivers call a truce !

Two personal observations. . . .
All tables are periodically moved for the best shade, , ,BUT, due to drought leaf loss, real shade is only 50% at best. If you have one of those
long stemmed big patio umbies, it sticks in the dirt very nicely. [ remove on each new load of dirt restocking ]

Most folks have a little personal kit for drinks and stuff. Maybe take a large trash bag to cover it.
ANYTHING within 50 feet of your table will be covered like a volcanic ash fall !

happy hunting

Hal beat me to it. We usually just pack a light lunch. Gotta keep my slim figure as you can see in the pic's. If they got a rain there, it would be a massive mud hole. Good for 4 wheeling. They are good at moving the screens to shade, but like Hal said, a patio umbrella is a good idea.

looks like yall had a good time

Sure did Travis. Even without cleaning up on G-10's it was fun. Better then staying home and mowing the grass, or taking the wife shopping for her latest new purse or shoes. Digging into history, that makes my day.

I'm with ya Tehuancana. I mowed on sunday but I got to dig a little on saturday.

That's some fist axe Hal found. Now that one ain't slipping through the screen. That's a whole frame by itself. Is that the biggest one ever found?

Travis,
call me. 817-235-7163

gman