Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WALKING PERD SURPRISE

Finished my 6 hours dig @ 103* today. . . .all packed up and started walking. Went by an area well overgrown
and abandoned years ago but it was in the shade. So with just foot pick & rake I tore up a small test area.
To my absolute amazement, I uncovered a huge undamaged [ walking out Perd ]

Traditional obligatory reverse skyshot first. . .

Photobucket

Actual measure 3 7/8" [ before washing ! ] it's a root beer flavor, , , ,

Photobucket

Here's the end of day pic, with the lovely drought dead leaves !

Photobucket

So a poor showing of 6 worked pieces would have been my days work, and of those the McGaughey [ thats pronounced T - R - A - V - I - S ] point has had a
really hard life.

That walkout Perd is the stuff memories are made of !

Re: WALKING PERD SURPRISE

Great find Hal. I did a little surface hunting this afternoon, all I found was a mad road runner. Didn't think they were nesting this time of year. But she was sure circling me, clackiing like they do when upset. They can get aggressive.

Ha! I like the sound of that!! Nice point Hal. You deserve it for working while you were resting. Great show!

Wow super point, and even better given the circumstances. Just goes to show why you should always have your eyes peeled