Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last day @ TJ's Campwood

Moved alot of dirt ,met some nice folks, Got dirty, ate dirt ,scratched my bald head,........found some goodies!

Re: Last day @ TJ's Campwood

Come on Will, let's see some pic's. Did y'all have a big crowd? Give us the inside scoop.

No big crowds, but here's some picsPhotobucketPhotobucket tell me what ya think about that one.

If that middle one is a darl, that's the longest one I've ever seen. And a perdiz? Top right looks like a martindale, and the bottom right is a ?. Mabbe an eccentric? That long darl? would be worth the trip by itself. Good day's finds there.

I Had 3 votes for Gower before Ileft the property. TJ and Cyrus are great! It is about 3 3/8 inches long

It does have the gower base, just going on what Hester's book shows. TJ is pretty sharp on the identification. The darl base isn't as concave, but Hester has the gower shown as a short bodied, short base point, more crudely made. The darl is much longer, better flaked, and sometimes beveled. Still a great find, something that slender and not broken. Mike could better ID it then me. Neither point is something common down here. Is the bottom right point broken? Reworked?

Wow that's a really neat find, never seen anything like it

TJ said the piece on the bottom right is a big eared Bandy, only dug 1/2 day, and the long piece was on my last screen before done. Patrick,another digger found a lg. Langtry, aGlass Gouge?, and some brokes.Thanks to everyone who helped with my decision to go, big thanks again to TJ and Cyrus, I,ll definitly be back.SH do you think it is a Gower drill?Photobucket here is a pic of my entire haul

Could very well be a gower drill. Melvin did better on the half day screen then we did all day. Found that great Kinney. Wife and I finished off the day and she found that Bell variant, me, all I found was a couple of brokes. The morning was much better on finds then the afternoon, but you never know. Hope to see you at TJ's new site.

Will, Re that drill, Officially, I wouldnt think of crossing the big three. They have years in that area
of identify local varients for hundreds of visiting
screeners. Its a lovely Gower.
UNOFFICIALLY. . . .

It's an absolutly gorgeous PANDALE.

To ease the shock to the experts, they did not have the Overstreet book at hand nor this Websites recent postings of that dig site for comparison.

Both Te & Flo found Really identifyable Gower bases, in addition to the pinched base, they both have the traditional fairly deep base notch. Your drill does not.
Your drill definetly has 2 very discrete basel lobes.

Look back at the posting " Re TJ DIG 8 - 23 - 09" by Flo. Look at the pic of his friends hand with a Pandale. Nice similar base to yours.

One more convicer. . .The spectacular Pandale by Flo in " TJ DIG 8 - 16 - 09 " [ last posting aug 21 ]

I recon thats exactly what your drill looked like before the owner needed to put a hole in something.

Glad to see you made it to Campwood and nice finds!

sweet finds. Exactly how long is that point?

Sorry bout the late reply Eric , 3 1/4 inches. Longest one i have. Dig on!