Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Double Knotch Corner Tang !? - Found in Thow Dirt at Chrisners Ranch !

Found at Chrisners Ranch by Sheryl!!!!!!!!!!!

In the creek near the screendig location in the throwback
dirt!!

Re: Double Knotch Corner Tang !? - Found in Thow Dirt at Chrisners Ranch !

Oops hope that wan't my backdirt. They were removing about 2 ft. of overburden, so I'm hoping that's where it was to make me feel better. Awesome!

Holy Smokes, Throw dirt, that should make for a few sleepless nights for a few people. Finders keepers, right, Sheryl.
Happy Hunting AL.C

I think its a great find and its a bummer that it wasn't gotten by who ever tossed it off the table!

NOTHING to do with the Fest ... Whatever Dude !

Just a Great find for the lucky one that went home with it!

Michelle

They can do that?!?!!I'd also like to see some more pics if possible, that's really cool. I found my first c-tang base today about 5 hours ago, in a test hole. I'm living a diggers worst nightmare Though because it looks like a fresh break from whe the test hole was dug.

Nate, I think your right. It's a bit like the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty ?
So what do me correctly call it, A tripple knotched or a double kbased ?

Sheese Tuck, and now corner tangs at your site ! A long time back I remember somebody reporting that
they broke a particularly rare point while hand digging. He carefully scooped up enough dirt to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Took it home and processed it on the
kitchen table. He found it.

Are you 100% hand digging or running some power equip ? A pic would be of interest.

I'm hand digging all the way, the testhole was dug with pick and shovel, but we mostly dig with screwdriver, pocket knife and hay hook. Pics will be up within the hour.

**** UPDATE ON THE DOUBLE TANG FIND ********

YES!!!! Dwain Rogers has checked it out!!!

Its legit and for sale if you want to spend a few thousand dollars for it Douglas!

Thanks for asking!

Michelle

maybe douglas will sleep better tonight, knowing that

Thanks for the update michelle, i love it!

Dwain had checked it out.. I think that Mary told me he prices it at $2000 .. But you will have to ask him about that. Not totally positive on the price

I hear it IS for sale though!

WHAT LUCK!

And YES I WILL say that it was checked out. If it wasn;t I wouldn't say it!

Nighty night

Nate. . . . DOUBLE TANG . . .

Dougie, why are you always so negative and nasty?

This is supposed to be a forum that attracts collectors, not a forum of such negativity, that you so often bring to the table. Did you mother not ever teach you, that if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all!

Re: Dougie, why are you always so negative and nasty?

HUH?

Re: Dougie, why are you always so negative and nasty?

April Fools Rags

Do u not recall the priceless artifact found that day, that was so will napped the exp. Diggier could not tell the dif? That is what he is talking about, if this artifact is real and papers that is a great find, but if it cannot it is a joke then that will really bring down the credibility of the diggier and the person napping the point. I only hope this is not a joke, but you can not blame anyone for asking questions after the AF joke, yes people have been question this, why they don’t post and ask? I could not tell you, but Douglas has ever right to ask, and if there is no problem with the find, and some one buys it or they keep it, and if real would make a great add to any collection.

as i recall that double base was found on april fools , and was intended to be nothing more than a joke between two friends , perhaps one of the friends did let it go a little bit far by allowing the other to look silly posting it , but i would say it was just a very well pla*** out prank !! i do not remember that prank being used in any way to promote any site ,nor to gain any type of advantage by the joker himself !

oh and one last thing about the tang , im in no way any kind of expert or know it all !! but perhaps this simple minded thought is a possability , looking it perhaps it was worked , made to be a midback tang , got a fracture in it and the maker decided to salvage it and go excentric !

Right on Jerry..

Hal got me and I as the one with the egg on my face and he WILL get his! And as I said before, I have never Claimed to know my stuff when it comes to point! Good thing that I don't offer COA's ! Baha! Talk about Egg! It was funny.. AFTER THE FACT anyway!

We promoted NOTHING or any ones site.. Not that that ever came up either.. with the find..

But this find of the double tang.. I would have no idea why anyone would question it. Because Hal joked me, you have to question other stuff on the side?? It had anything to do with the Chrisners! And if you think that you have to question items on my website, you are welcomed to not bother looking at it.

Just talking trash to talk trash thats all. Saying that mess like this was a ploy to run people off from the DIGFEST.. That is just ****ty thats all..
Anything to get under other peoples skin right?

Anyhoo!

Y'all pay no attention to Dougy. I think he's just an attention w****.

Whattup Dougy!!

Supposedly, on the net it's generally accepted taht having the capital lock on means that a person is "YELLING" or extremely upset. Are you upset Doug?