Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Heartbreak city

Photobucket
found these yesterday in about 2 hours.
Photobucket
this big williams just plopped out and fell into my lap.
Photobucket
this little c-tang, my first, was the last find of the day, i was very excited until i realized it was a fresh break from digging the test hole. it has the tang in the corner, a curved front edge and straight back, so im pretty sure that it is a corner tang. we are hand gigging and then sifting the throw so i might find the rest.

Re: Heartbreak city

Tucker,

Don’t know if it helps, but the piece you are calling a CT was probably not a finished piece. Although it is hard to see much detail in the picture, it appears only initial shaping percussion scars and it still has a lot of cortex in middle of the blade that is normally removed before finishing. The piece was probably abandoned sometime during the manufacturing process.

jh

An abandoned CT shows the guy had CT's on his mind. If that piece of flint didnt work out he must have made a better one later.
Keep looking [ maybe with a rubber tipped tool ! ]

Same mentality on the Williams. . . That familiy had an affinity to l o n g ponts so there's probably more.
Good going [ except the CT bust ]

Dug yesterday in ct bust spot, and found no broke pieces. I guess I just nicked an already broke piece. I know I didn't miss anything because we sift all of our throw dirt no matter what. Had one of the best dig days I ever had, a couple of really great points and my first gorget piece.