Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TJ's Sunday the 20th

Had another good day out with TJ. Would have gotten more but it started to rain, hard, like two feet of water in the hole hard.
Thanks, TJ, I'll be back as soon as I can get away. AL.CPhot<a href=Photobucketobucket">

Re: TJ's Sunday the 20th

Nice Harahey Al. Is it beveled or just first stage?
What is that in the bottom right corner?
Bill

Practice base? Can we get a close up? Awesome day, too bad you got rained out

Bill, its beveled on all four sides. I'm very happy with it.
Hope all is well up on the Lampasas River. Nice Bolo big boy. Hope to get up your way someday and see your place, dig some too if you are open.
That little bugger down on the bottom right I have no idea what it might be. I figured the pros Like you could give me some ideas. Thanks for the kind words on my blade.
Happy Hunting. AL.C

Tucker, ya the rain cost me a few more I'm sure. I was lucky it sounds like with all the rain they have had to get the time in that I did. I'll try to get you guys a close up of the crazy one.
Happy Hunting. AL.CPhotobucket

Boy, I better try that again.
Photobucket

nice stuff al.looks like you did good.

Double congrats Al, you may have found the LAST dug point in TX this whole week.
The rain that chased you out lasted in most of TX til last night !

Practice piece it must be, They had properly formed saws listed in NM but the Texans seem to enjoy
chopping and hacking fire wood.

Here goes, I'm lighting the fuse. IDing from a pic and worse using the Overstreet for serious ID is
very controversial !
That big blade looks perfect but doesnt overlay any of the picture examples in the book for Harahey.
Plus there is 7000 yrs difference in time to that nice La Jita layer. Now that I'm into the book, I never noticed before that the Harahey is about the youngest
point listed in the SC zone.
Lots of various Lermas have been shown down that way in the past. [ I didn't really say it was . . . . ]

Isnt that something how life works ?
Here's Bill with about a square mile of TX real estate loaded with middens & camps, and he finds a rare Bolo on a river gravel bar !

In previous post topics we have seen pure white examples of the sun bleaching that effects some flint.
Do we now assume that extends to beards of surfacers that spend their life combing the deserts of the SW ?

Hey Hal, there was another point dug the same day that I haven't seen show up here yet, so I'll leave it to the guy who found it, to share if he wants. I will say its incredible but that might not be the word to impress upon you just how special it was. Hope it shows up here so all can droll.
I think I'll send that blade to Dwain and see what he thinks. I appreciate your,s and Bill's input on it, cause I'm as green as a day old tomato and need lots of help.
As for the beard, I wish it was sun and not old man time.
Happy Hunting. AL.C

Hey Cliff, good to hear from you,when are we going to hook up again for another dig?
Happy Hunting. AL.C

. . .WHAT ! ! ! ! ! !. . . . . It took YOU 3 months to learn how to send pics, , , , , and now you tell us
some mystery screener has found some fabulous object and " will post it as soon as he learns how to post !"
Well if he doesn't get it, in, say 6 months could you just give us a hint ?

I thought we displelled that " green tomato " immage months ago. Digging / helping alongside
acredited archeologists and a house full of surface artifacts is too well known Doctor Jones !

Hey , that sounds like movie material. . .
DR. JONES AND MR. AZAL