Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tucker

Just wondering what part of Texas ya diggin in? Those bird points on the front page ,accept the Perdiz and drills, all look like they came from my land. Ilive in Mt.Home in Kerr Co. Lotta nice finds you've come up with lately, congrats!

Re: Tucker

It was just a question

Will, that sounds slightly disapointed that there was no answer back here.
Did you check the posting. . " A FORMAL INTRODUCTION ", got the full scoop on Tuck
except his SS# !

Hey will no offense meant by no response, I got the idea to post an introduction about myself as a response to this post. But did not label it as such, because I thought it would be nice to tell everyone a little bit about me.

Sounds like maybe the some tribes made them? I've been doing some research and it seems like based on where you and I are situated the people who madde them were probably lipan apache. We both sit in what was at ffirst tonkawa territory, but during the late archaic lipan apache bands took over this chunk of land. P. S. What points have you found besides birds?

Thanks Tucker , Iwasn,t offended just really anxious, and very curious. Other point types from my site include Frio, Kinney, Scallorn, Young and some darts I cant ID ,buncha brokes , Heartbreakers. I'll post pics of no ID points maybe some one can help out .I'll check out your other post that Imiss. Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers. Wish I could find me a "honey hole"

No feathers ruffled, in fact just the opposite. We find frios scallorns and a couple darts in the top layer. Below that we find castrovilles pedernales's and montells, also some langtrys and recently my first Williams point. I would reccomend digging down, and hopefully your point quality will improve. As for posting here are the direcxtions Hal gave me

1. start a message, leave cursur on new line.
2. back to homepage
3. now to Photobucket.com
4. Click HTML [ a blue frame appears ]
5. Click EDIT [ top left of page ]
6. Click COPY
7. Back to AusDgrs message
8. Click EDIT [ TOP LEFT OF PAGE ]
9. Click PASTE [ garble appears in message block ]
10.Click PREVIEW MESSAGE
11.If OK, Click POST MESSAGE
hope it helps I'm really looking fed to seeing those points

So here they are Tucker , all of this came from an area about 8x35feetx18in deep. This all is kept in a cigar box. The black chunks are meteorite the piece with them was a surface find...anyways, tell me what ya make of it.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Will, Probably the reason you look around and cant find a honey hole is because you are
standing in it ! Thats a very lot of worked pieces for the small area you mention.
Best take Tuck's advice, he's a man of great experience. He started posting a few bird points at first then little by little we find he was going deeper and sure enough thats where the big boys were
living !
Christmas will be with us in a blink, what about puting the hint out for an inexpensive proper
frame for those goodies.
Use the cigar box for the fishing tackle !

just can't seem to go much deeper, that's been the kicker all along.Thanks SH

I don't know about great experience, the little I have is nothing compared to some of these guys who have been digging for decades, but thanks for the compliment anyways. So how come you can't go deeper? If the points stop go deeper still, solid rock bottom is the only thing that means true bottom, and if so dig test holes and see if the rock might be a ledge that drops off an d reveals a deeper buried occupation layer.

rock bottom it is Tucker, Basically I'm diggin in my front yard....my wife love's it.

Guess that means you are really at the bottom, but there is an upside, where there is one camp farther down the line there will be more. If you hhave any more property give it a look for any more camps. Remember above floodplain, proximity to water, possible northwind shelter and possible high ground are good campsite indicators. Hope you find another, good luck

Thanks Tucker, I only have 1* acres ,and have found a few bifaces in the back, but the best of it seems to be right around my house.Wish you could see all the rocks here .....HARD DIGGIN!

Photobucket
heres most of my birds there were six of my best points that were inadvertantly left out. dads got just about as many, same variety and quality

Woo-Hoo, another Tuck show stopper pic ! Really neat, and if one can imagine Dad's collecton right next
to yours, thats a very big flock of birds from one site.
From your recent introduction information you seem to have overlooked mentioning how well off
financially you are. . . .I have NEVER seen any of our poorer posters being able to have SIX
scale coins in the frame !

We DO apreciate the intensive labor to layout all those pieces for your report.
Will might be getting a proper display frame soon, maybe you two could get a discount for a
quantity purchase [ course, in Your case I'm not sure if they make frames 4 feet X 4 feet ! ]