Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
9/28 SUNNY AM - RAINY PM

Nice WX dig day, soils damp but good. . .EXCEPT a low area right on the bed rock.
The same low that originally collected the flint bits also held the recent rain ground water.
That section was pure black axle grease !
Still a fun day. . . .

Photobucket

No flash of beautiful flint or that lovely "clink " of flint. . . Only the shape defines a find from
any other mud clump. . .

Photobucket

Nother insitu from breakfast, It's a true heartbreaker cause its empty. . .

Photobucket

overall pic of unwashed finds. . .

Photobucket

Little closer of the find of the day [ not Dorothy's slippers ! ]

Photobucket

Anybody know for sure what name to hang on this long slender point, Badger says no drill. [ note freshly washed display hand ! ]

Photobucket

Re: 9/28 SUNNY AM - RAINY PM

Hey sh good to hear yall can dig again, it's a little muddy down here but it digs good. As for getting a frame I've just got my first, and I'll be ordering a second as soon as I find another six quarters haha. And as for your blade response kinney never crosses my mind though it may well be,we found it up top and one possibility is that it washed off the bluff, as it was found about six feet away. An instance of this happening was found 20 feet to the right I dug a plainview angostura and an early looking fluted triangular point only six inches deep and maybe a foot away fr each other that were the same proximity to the bluff as the big blade.

Angustora is what it looks like to me. Signs of basal grinding?

that looks nice hal. i'd be curious about basal grinding too.

that looks nice hal. i'd be curious about basal grinding too.

I'm hesitant to say it but if not angostura, maybe scottsbluff?

I'd like to consider it an Angostura just by shape. The finder would have to chime in re grinding.
It fits good with depth, it was in a large hole in the actual stone bedrock, cant get any deeper than that.
Sorry to bother anyone with that going back to look at other links but there are two finds that
have a direct bearing on this ID. . .
1. back to front page, on right column, click ONE EYE JACK W.THERMOM., AUG 2008.
No trouble IDing that 3 5/8 Ango.

2. Search in the old message postings for SAMS DIG ! GREAT FIND ! ANGOSTURA 7 7/17 ! last post date
DEC 9.
Similar shape to point in question, just a bit longer !
You can probably get an idea how excited the poster was by checking the fractional number of his measurement !