Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
check it out

Drew and I where able to do a little digging before the rainnolannolan to bad about this onePhotobucket

Re: check it out

Nice finds Mikey,cant wait to get back and dig a little deeper.

Good show Mike, any pre rain finds are great.
That top point is unique. Looks like both barb areas were deliberatly clipped off, and what are you calling that bottom one ?

Drew mentions going back to that hole to go deeper, is he talking about that rain collecting funnel
you built ?

Looks like we will be digging in the mud Mike,Oh well,digging in the mud is better than no digging at all.How does Tue or Wed sound?

Hal, Not really sure what the bottom point is.Since this site has alot of early archaic artifacts in it i was thinking maybe a Uvalde or a Matindale.My first thought was a frio?

Bottom could be a merrell

I thought the bottom one was a frio? but not sure.
Also yes the one on the top has had both barbs deliberately knocked off. Is that common?

Your right Mike, The Merrell is a varient of the Frio with mouse ears.

deliberatly fractured sides not common but if you find a few more, it might be a whole new variety. . .
Maybe the " Clipped wing Mike " ?