Got in one more day of screening at TJ's. Weather wasn't great, but no flash floods. Dirt was a little damp, slow screening. Two other groups out there, they ended up with a good angostura, perd, edwards, and several blades. We found one decent Bulverde, a broken Sabinal, and a heartbreak kill eccentric Perd. Old breaks on it, and fire popped, but would have been a trophy.
Hey Lee, little wet and muddy, sure a change from the drought ain't it. Hope it don't rain digfest out, but our 10 day forecast shows Saturday looking good, but Sunday 60% with a high of 67. No dust on this one.
Would have gone better if it weren't for the wet ground, Travis. That little bit of rain only slowed us down a little. But the soil was just damp enough to make it a little hard to screen. Even the deep stuff was damp. Still better then sitting at home watching TV. At least it was warm.
That perd came out of a clod, I was just about to chunk without busting it up, good thing I did. Was sure looking through the rest of it hoping to find another piece. Ah, no luck.
Be they ever so humble they represent life in the new south,, , , with El Nino ! Double compliments
to your team being brave enough to give it a try when the weather gurus tell you that area
will be under water !
This past year there have been several [ or more ] Andice excentrics found in that general area of TX with notches completely all around. Maybe your Perd man got the idea from them.
Any thought to sending that 10% off to the Doctor and see if he can build the other 90% of notches ?
I thought about it Hal. It's bad fire popped on one side. Think when it was broken, it was probably tossed into the fire. That's not the first eccentric found. Melvin had already found that double based point. Pretty good record, he and I both finding an eccentric at the same site.