Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Digfest 09

Any word from Christners this weekend I live in houston and am coming to the fest just hope for some sun or wind to dry the ground alittle or its gonna be a sloppy one guys and gals .

jpthedigger@gmail.com

Re: Digfest 09

Look for a front page notification no later than Friday evening about ground conditions and
if Digfest must be moved to another date.

To apreciate just how tough a call this is, go to WEATHER.COM. . . search MOODY TX
click 10 DAY.

Weather forecasts of " isolated " or " scattered " rains are impossible to long range
predict. As a best example, just yesterday [ Sunday ] Both San Antonio and Austin were in exactly the same advisory and percentage conditions. . .
San Antonio was UNDER WATER, with road dips under main roads closed.
Austin was overcast with ZERO rain.

The determining factor is not how nice a day Sunday might be but MAINLY are dirt roads dry enough
for NON off road vehicles.

50 tow trucks digging 50 stuck vehicles out of mud would give a whole new meaning to digfest !

I was out there the weekend before last and digging was sloppy and very muddy everywhere. They have been getting rain since then so I'm sure conditions haven't improved. Don't expect any extended periods of sunshine (mostly cloudy all week) in the area for most of the week with periods of rain in the area. A good front will come through Friday (high rain chances with the front)but after the front passes, it should clear out the rain. Unforunately, between then and now the area will recieve rain on top of already saturated grounds.

Perhaps 'Mudfest" will be the theme this year. Diggin mud is better than no diggin! Clear Saturday and Sunday. Good times coming!

DIGFEST , MUDFEST , OR TORNADO FEST I WILL BE THERE RAIN OR SHINE DIGFEST OR NOT .....

One down, one to go. The predicted rains with a front arrival never happened on Tuesday.
[ in the Moody area ] Who would have guessed ? certainly not the WX gurus !

One more front forecast for the very early morning hours of Friday [ like 0200 H ]
Trying to keep thinking good thoughts. . . . the com****r generated radar likelihood shows
a heavy squall line going through as opposed to an all day lingering event. So late Friday still is a logical time for Richard to make a call.

I'm looking at the map of Christners ranch. Can anyone tell me which area the dig site is located.

Gil, If your looking at the Chrisners map like the one in the front page Chrisner icon.
The digfest area road goes right through the Dani camp [ # 10 ] Northeast, about right at the edge of the map.

Hal, Email me and keep me up to day as far as what richard and mary think. Gooing great here! sEE AUSTIN in a few more days!

Michelle

LMAO not one of you had best laugh at me when you see the great big ol red volvo pull up on location ! but hey , im on my way to pick up a house so why not , we wont be sleepin in a tent or cookin out on a grill , and when you guys are in your sleepin bags tryin to keep warm , just think ill be in there with the heater watchin a movie lol !

Jer, Why not pickup the house First and bring it along to the camping area, that should be a
digging first.
Is this the same truck that eradicates skunks ?

LMAO , yup this would be the same truck ! and now that would be a sight , a volvo condo pulling on location dragging a 16x80 mobile home ! prolly not a good idea , i mean i can't even find a place to pull over and grab a bite to eat most of the time , even most truck stops do not accomidate something 105 feet long and 16 or 18 feet wide ! and i would really hate to get one wedged on their property and not be able to get it back out , but hmmm i guess they could have a new bunk house lol !