Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
digging yesterday

didnt get to dig much, i spent most of my time cleaning out and sifting the six inches of dirt that flowed into my hole per recent rain.
found nothing but brokes, not pictured, in the dirt, but here is what i did find.
the montell is 3 and 1/4 inches, and the edwards are 1 and 1/2 and one inches. the chopper is pretty big too.
Photobucket
Photobucket
to bad the montell has impact damage repair, if not it would have been a trily awesome point, its paper thin, and white flint, not patina!
Photobucket

Re: digging yesterday

Good practice cleaning out rained in silt. . . only 7 more months of this pattern. Sort of like
hydraulic gold mining.!!
Good show.

I might as well use your opening topic Tuck...I even got a Montell like yours with "some impact damage "

The secret to easy damp soil digging. . . find big ones !

Photobucket

AND, this Marshall is white too, , , pure washed down, sun bleached " patina "

Photobucket

Sometimes I have to operate on the prin****l of " it only takes one good one to make your day "

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wow that's a great Marshall that would definately make my day, and also thos soil conditions look familiar, it was pretty damp out my way too. This morning we got about two inches so I have a feeling I won't be digging for some time, our trench probably has ducks swimming in it about now. P.s. Do y'all ever find any oval bodied montells, all I've ever found are triangle montells so the one above is kind of unique, for me at least.

love that marshall hal

I would say most of the Montells we find in this area are of the oval variety. I hadn't thought much about it up to now.
It does seem the more carefully crafted pieces, with those really crisp teeth edges are all
straight [ triangle ] sided.