Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DIGFEST09 - LOOK WHAT WAS FOUND AFTER LUNCH !

LOOK WHAT PETE GOT AFTER I LEFT !! GREAT FIND DARLIN!!!! THATS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Re: DIGFEST09 - LOOK WHAT WAS FOUND AFTER LUNCH !

that point had some awsome flaking on it and it was a perfect one. Glad I was there to see it come out of the ground.
Does anyone know what type it was?

Hay there Eric..

I wasn't there so I cannpt answer the questions.. What DEPTH was it found and what area?

tryign to get it a name.. trying to see if knowing the depth would do any good

Thanks!!!

PS: Did he fall over??? It was his first ever dig and all!

he was digging in the trench behind where you were first digging before you moved over to dig with Billy. I think he found it about 3-3 1/2 feet or so.
He got pretty excited after everyone else about crapped their pants over it.
I know me and barefoot were more excited than little kids in a candy factory over the darn thing.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Trying to remember if I saw Peat at Digfest. Isn't he the one from Oklahoma City that introduced himself and gave a brief life history to the group setting around the campfire Saturday night?

Yes, Pete was the one at the camp fire (The chatty one!) heh

VERY nice fella

Michelle

gilbert
Trying to remember if I saw Peat at Digfest. Isn't he the one from Oklahoma City that introduced himself and gave a brief life history to the group setting around the campfire Saturday night?

Gil, , , You are a DISASTER with names ! Wattaya recon Peat's last name is ?? Moss ?

Were talking about the same guy, all I remember is somebody admired his neat faded red shirt. . .
He said it was originally brillient red but first time getting sweaty, the whole top of his body turned red , , , including his underwear !

Points have to be produced to be reproduced, so technically this is a one of a kind piece real or modern. ( I'm not trying to be assinine but just clearing up some wording). So if it is real it's an even better find than a similar point that could be typed, at least in my opinion. It is a great point that is very reflective of its knappers creativity, whether it's days old or thousands of years old. My vote based on the location, and other details, of the find is that it is a legitimate artifact. But no-one will know for sure untill Pete gets a coa on it, and even then if it is proven real, some will probably still question it. As for remarks like, "you can still see the dremel marks," they can be seen as berating, not helpful unless one could actually see said dremel marks. Also if the point does in fact turn out to be real, such remarks also really detract from your credibility.