Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Langtry??

Howdy, I met a few of Ya'll at Digfest this year but unfortunantly I didnt have time to meet all of you.
I have been pickin up points, as I stumble on them, since I was a kid so I dont have many or as much knowledge as most of Ya'll do. I was siftin through some of the web sites that are linked here in Austin Diggers and saw a Langtry advertised for what seems like a great deal of money for what I always thought was an average point. Now what sparked my attention was the fact that the center piece of my meager collection is a G-10 Langtry that I found bout 3 years ago in the neighbors dirt drive way at my lake property. Mine is made of a light brown flint and is real nice. This was found in Rains county of East Texas @ Lake Fork. I know that the holder of a point can ask what ever they want for it and that doesnt mean that it is worth that but it is a good indicator of the true value, give or take 30 percent. Well 30 percent off the listed price of the above mentioned Langtry is still a lot of money. So what makes the Langtry so valuable? I will be leavin to go to the lake in a couple of hours so I wont be able to reply to any posts but I will git back soon as I can. I got to go look for some more Langtrys now!! My camers is of the flop so I will show pictures later if there is any interest.

Re: Langtry??

I am from east Texas and been digging for many moons.I have seen some odd points found in east Texas but no Lantrys.With that said get a picture of it because I bet its not a Langtry but more of a Gary type piont.Without a picture its all a guess..Lets hope its not a Gary point becuse their is not much value in a Gary point.It seems no one likes gary points unless its super fine..If is a Lantry point I would say it very rare to be found in east Texas.I got some nice caddo pottery and arrowheads that came off around Lake Fork.

Re: Langtry??

I agree with Steve for E TX [ but not impossible ] Really rare in the Austin area even.

Checkout some of the great examples found out in Langtry country where TJ & Nacho hang out.