Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sweet finds, im back in the hot spot

here are the finds from the dig yesterday i dug for an hour and a half, and found all of them, without the use of power equipment. i dig with a hay hook then scoop the throw on a screen over a wheel barrow, this technique has earned me many great birds that would have been dumped in the creek otherwise.
Photobucket
these came out of an area that is incredibly densely packed with points. i was digging a wall 3 feet wide 3 feet tall and only dug a foot forward in the time i was there, it seems exceptional to me but im told that other camps in the area are also like this. here are some close ups of the good ones,8 unbroken points in all. sorry that i left them big, im just so dang proud of the days finds!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
the needle tip perd and the montell at the top are now among some of the finest examples of the respective types, in my collection. by the end of the dig i was shaking like crazy, i thought i was dreaming.
Photobucket
the slight angle on the underside of this mano is proof of years of use, this thing ground up hundreds maybe thousands of meals. all in all it was one of my most prodictive short digs ever!!! i am still really pumped. total: 5 perds, 3 montells, 2 castrosvilles, and 3 ensors. amazing day thanks for looking

Re: sweet finds, im back in the hot spot

Nice finds Tucker

Are you digging a pay dig or private land?

nice points. You lucky dog

HOW CAN YOU STAND IT ? ? ? An hour & a half with 12 hours of daylight ! That is a rich area, and a nice variety of points / time . Guess you spotted those 3 lesser points that were used as knives then resharpened.

Screenings the way to go with such a lucrative site if you can stand the slow going. What about
aslking Santa for a motorised screen this year

, , = HO HO HO

love em'

I'm digging on private land, to answer your question, and a motorized sifter sure would be nice, but for now I'm using a stainless, very heavy duty, cookie drying screen that has 1/4 inch holes and is 2' by 2'. It sits diagonally over a wheelbarrow and slides back and forth, it's actually how I found that needle tip perd, some dirt caved off and I sifted it, and there it was. As for the slow going, I really don't mind when you sift up things like that!!!

WATAGO Tucker!

Now that's an awsome day right there. I love the montell and the needle tip. Great finds.