Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
slow board, my plainview

the board has been pretty slow and i havnt been digging due to the 4 inches of rain we had, so here is one of my favorite points.
its made of beautiful multicolor flint, and has very little basal grinding. i found it last christmas, and it was about an inch (if that) away from getting killed with the pick as i was digging down. and as far as im concerned its one heck of a reason to dig deep.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: slow board, my plainview

Great find there, neat colors. Still haven't found my first plainview. Guess the rain has everybody slowed down, even foru us surface hunters. Too much new growth, and still warm enough for snakes.

SAWEET POINT NICE FLAKING

HEY TEHUACANA U AND MEL BEEN BACK TO ROLANDS LATELY

No Lee, we hadn't. Been hitting TJ's screen digs, but Melvin's boys are back in school so he's a little tapped for cash. Have you tried out his monster mammoth wiggle pick yet? That thing looks like it could move some dirt. Or trees, or concrete slabs.

how r things at t.j.s? tell him i said hi.

yepp tried the pick love it ..does a good job

Pretty slow, about like everywhere. Too much rain and unpredictable weekends. Last one we did the forecast showed clear and mild, Wrong, rain and cold. TJ is going to open up two new ones next year at Campwood and Sabinal, so we may wait to try them. That's after the weather straightens out. Gonna hit the show at Fredericksburg this weekend and see what Nacho is doing. He's been pretty quiet lately.

A properly aged, 9000 yr old Xmas present. Beautiful.

Checkout my near mega disaster. Back to front page, left 3000 YEAR OLD FLINT GOES ON TRIAL !. . .
I was using a sewer trenching pick. I HEARD the sound of flint before anything was seen. The silver mark from the pick iron is about 2 inches back from the tip. . .I wouldnt think of removing it [ memory ].
I still signed one edge that I also will not get fixed ! Most of the blade is 1/4 inch with a few little
areas as much as 3/8.
Re Te's WX report that drowned a day. . . . How about TODAY ! Monster rains should have been here and gone in CenTx. . . ZIP [ so far ] I could have got a dig morning in. Poor Travis though did not escape [ Min Wells area ]
I'm believing as hard as I can for the predicted good WX holloween weekend. I always look fgorward to the yearly dig party, only time of the year my dig " costume" looks special !