Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
didnt think that would happen

I cant belive i broke my James Kemp wiggle pick today,ive only had it for six months.The wierd thing about it is, i was digging in really soft dirt with no rocks and a little bit of roots.Guess ill have to find someone with a welder.

Re: didnt think that would happen

Sounds like the metal must have had a hair-line crack in it from an earlier use.
I am a professional welder, but I am near Camp Wood, Tx.
I will be in the Austin area Nov. 2 through 14th with all of my equipment, if that helps?

That would be awesome Mike.What type of welding do you do?Mig,Tig or the new style.What brings you this far North?

sux that that happened but I would think that it would weld up easy enough.

Drew,
I am from the old school when it comes to welding. I am a stick man primariy...been at it over 40 years...started in the oil field when I was young. I am now one of the most experienced builders of cave gates in the U.S. I have 6 gates to build and install at Round Rock,Tx. during the first part of November. I have done Mig,Tig,plasma,argon,etc., but always came back to the stick!
Brad has a good point if your pick was flawed to begin with, and I'm sure that James Kemp would repair it at little or no cost to you (if that is the case). At any rate, just let me know what you want to do. If you would like me to repair it and can meet me, e-mail me and I will give you my 512 area code cell no. when I am in the Austin area.

I THINK JAMES WILL REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE NOT SURE THOUGH JUST CALL HIM AND ASK

REALLY HELPED ME GET A STRIPPED LUG OFF WHEN I HAD A FLAT LOL

Thats the problem with thoes wiggles I have seen plenty of people snap their stingers in half I wouldent trade 10 wiggles for my GP100 (Geo-Paleo 100 by Estwing)

Actually FloTown,i didnt snap the stinger.The weld broke at the end of the base where it slides over the handle.Must have been a flaw in the weld.Ill try and post a pic.

I got a coupple of weldersat my house here in Florence where you at I aint doing nothing today

hey flo did ya win that estwing at last years digfest i donated one ...

i have one myself but hardly use it

for what its worth, I'll throw my two cents in on the wiggle pick. Sorry to hear you broke it. I suggest sending it back to Kemp for repair or replacement. He will take care of you. If you decide to have someone else repair it, let them know that the "stinger" or business end is made of spring steel and the collar is made of mild steel. The electrode mentioned above, 7018 low hydrogen, is a great welding rod and might work using a size 3/32 with the lowest heat that will cary a bead But its best to use one of the several high alloy electrodes out there that are designed specifically to be used on spring steel. They cost from three to six dollars a piece but do a great job. .

No a friend of mine won that pick and it got jacked from him I have used a GP for about 4 years for arroeheads and gold digging with no problems

How much would you charge to weld my wiggle pick MikeW?