Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gold chain found metal detecting.

This chain came out and at first I thought it was sterling silver because of the color but I saw 14k on it. It was tarnished and I cleaned it a little, but does anyone know how to clean it better? I got laid off last Thursday so today has been a better day for me. I'm happy with my find.
Happy Halloween everyone!!!!

Photobucket

rs

Re: Gold chain found metal detecting.

I just had a guy on another site say he thinks it is fake so I guess it could be.

Hellloooo there

Never know.. the Clasp might be the only real part.. Kinda a BIG 14K on that thing...

looks kinda tarnished though.. gold dosen't really do that.. never know though! Heck take it to any pawn shop and they will test it for you and tell you either way!

I have a GTA 1000 that I have had for years.. Would love to do a little detecting again !

Michelle

I didn't think it would tarnish either but I read that if it isn't pure 100% it could, so I'm still hoping. It's probably fake though.

Like I said, any of the pawn shops will test it for you.. heck and buy it from you if its real as well!

Michelle

I did the pawn shop thing Michelle and it is fake. Oh well, maybe next time.

Could that be 1/4 K or 1.4 K ?
Some youngster was probably very unhappy to lose a piece of jewelry that looked just like Moms.

Sorry to hear about lost job. Are you still getting down to Sanderson ranch next Saturday ?
Hopefully you can fill your game bag early, leaving some free time to look for more bracelets in the big midden area.

I've waited over a year to hear a beep down there !

Mule deer season doesn't start until the weekend after Thanksgiving. You think I will find old iron arrowheads or beer cans for proof that someone dug it????

DJ
Mule deer season doesn't start until the weekend after Thanksgiving. You think I will find old iron arrowheads or beer cans for proof that someone dug it????

I havent been down there since that first visit so I cant change that initial opinion.

mark me down for rusted tin bean cans and double the quantity of small condensed milk tins [ opened with
a camp knife ]
Your a professional coin shooter now so you can date the finds.
Any tins tops with a drop of lead in the middle is from the same factory run as Perry took up to
the Pole. Check that hill below where I found that 1877 cartridge case. Maybe his horse lost a shoe nail !
You might well find a metal point or two out aways from the mounds, any previous diggers would not have been scratching shallow.

That ranch area is a lot closer to Mexico than say Camp Wood. . . Aztec GOLD ??

Good luck [ including the mule shootin ! ]

PS:

In the wash, METEORITES ARE WORTH MORE THAN GOLD BY WEIGHT !

Hal, it's funny you said that about the nail because I went and put corn in the feeders two weeks ago and detected around the middens for 30 min. and found a nail to a horse shoe. That was the only thing I found but need to do a better search next time. I'll be there for a week after thanksgiving, so I'll have more time then.