Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
finds without my wiggle pick

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: finds without my wiggle pick

Ok the bulverde is nice, the perd is great, but that round one... IS WICKED!! That is a sweet find what do you reckon it is? Whittled down basetang? This vertical notches look andice'ish, and bulverde is also early archaic. Real shame about the tangs though. For some reason that point really appeals to me, would love to know what it is. Way to go dude!!!

Good question Tucker.I havent figured it out.My first thought was Bell,but i dont think the notches are deep enough.Im crossing my fingers for an Andice to come out next

I'm now thinking specialized knife, and your righti think bell has deeper notches. Does it have wear or polish on it? I don't think it's a scraper cause I've never seen a hafted scraper with so much time spent on it, or that style. Hope one of the experts know, absolutely love the piece. Good luck with that andice too.

I'm now thinking specialized knife, and your righti think bell has deeper notches. Does it have wear or polish on it? I don't think it's a scraper cause I've never seen a hafted scraper with so much time spent on it, or that style. Hope one of the experts know, absolutely love the piece. Good luck with that andice too.

It does have some wear to it.Its also very smooth.A re-worked scraper sounds pretty acurate.I dont think its really sharpe enough to kill anything unless you scrape it to death.

Drew, now that I have seen where your pick is broken, I'd definitely get in touch with Kemp about it, as the weld(s) should Not have gave out at those points. If I were to repair it, I'd clean up the old welds good, and use a #7018 electrode for the repair welding. Good luck, at any rate.

I talked to Mr Kemp and he said he would fix it.I ground the old welds off today.Problably wont send it to him though,ill just have a local friend do it...

Yeah! Please use a low hydrogen welding rod to repair the broke pick.It is welded to fast and to cold.I have been a welder for forty years. I can tell by the fracture that it was mass produced.Maybe by the Chinese.

What more trolls?Please don't feed em!

How much would you charge to weld my wiggle pick back together MikeW?