Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Collection of Finds This Year From TJ's

These are some of the finds from TJ's Campwood and Vanderpool sites this year. I'd posted them before, but not in case. Flicker is the designer. Me, I'd just chunk them in there, but she likes it neat and tidy. Still have more, but not enough for another frame..........yet.

That's my Angostura that I found at Campwood when Scrat Hal was there. Still think it's bigger then Melvins.

Re: Collection of Finds This Year From TJ's

Nice points, love those marshalls, I'm really a sucker for them. Way to go with the andice too, still waitin on mine
good luck on filling that second case

Thanks. There were 9 Andice points found that day. Melvins dad found a Bell too. That day was our best of all the trips. And everyone was finding Martindales. Think the biggest pulled out of the Campwood site was a 6" monster Martindale. TJ had it at the show Saturday.

Nice finds, i still don't have an andice, of all the thousands of points i've handled over the years. Are you going to have it restored?

TJ thinks he has the missing barb. He's been looking for it in all the buckets of broken points. He found a missing part of Regina's point and now she has a complete point. Don't know yet if I'll have it restored If the piece he has doesn't match or he can't find it I may. Would be great to have it complete. It is an old break.

I personally wouldn't ever have a point restored. But would dr. Gomer make a cast of the point then repair that? That way you maintain the full integrity of the original find but would have a cast of what the complete looked like.

Kinda my view. It would be nice to have it complete, but the point is exactly how I found it. Old Xoepna broke it 6 thousand years ago and tossed it and I found it just like he discarded it. Besides, that make me want to find a complete one even more.

DO IT --DO IT . . . Before the christmas rush !
Take the money you saved from NOT going on just one mud screen dig and spend it on that Andice
treasure. IF your concience really does bother you, snap the new Gomer fix off and position it in your display frame with a big note
" this is what it could have looked like "
If I understand the system, you send an Email pic to Gomer and back comes an estimate.

Before I would take Tucks advice I would wait to see what he does when HE actually has a broken winged Andice
in hand !

Lol Hal just for that i've decided that I'm going to find one now. Haha I wish I had an andice of any condition.

Hey sh does a bell drill with two broken barbs count?

nice finds T.

Thanks Eric. Makes a person want to find a complete even more. We got talked into one more screen dig before Thanksgiving. Same area as where I found this one. So, mabbe the complete one will be there for me for an early Xmas gift. Ah, one final one, TJ thought this one was made of petrified palm. I don't think so, has some of the characteristics of palm, but think it's just inclusions in the flint.

Tucker
Hey sh does a bell drill with two broken barbs count?

Te, Tuck has posted a picture of said Bell, under "ONE OF MY FAVORITES" Looks like his barbs
would be the same as yours. . . Maybe Gomer could give you guys a special $ on a bulk order
of three

Hmmmm, now that's a thought. Gonna hit Shoepeg tomorrow and put the pressure on TJ to come up with that other barb. He's been looking, but I'm growing cobwebs waiting. So a new barb may be in the offing soon if he can't find it.

I've put a couple of birds together out of our site, but no big points. Anyways good luck with that barb, if he has it post it cause I would love to see