Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BEST DIGFEST 2009 DAY FIND COMES TO LIGHT

Here's 1000 words to describe what must be the best find of Digfest day, Oct 11th 2009. Maybe somebody will post a picture.

Walking around the FredB show, I met John that I remembered well from the DIGFEST 2007 event, he found at least the largest point of the day on that one. See john, frt pg Rt, Digfest 2007. Little cursor on rt 90% down.
Black shirt.
He was carrying a small bullet proof / fire proof mini briefcase. His story. . .

He Emailed Mlle TWICE for his reservation at dig 09. Never saw his name listed. Much later he broght this to the attention of his wife who said that the Yahoo account did not work. When he got organised
it was too late. The "no occupancy" sign had gone up.

So with digfest out, they deceided to go camping.

Day before camping, his wife hurt her knee really bad. Cancel the camping ? No, " I'll borrow my Mom's unused crutches"

Surface hunting on crutches shows a lot of dedication, and is not easy. She said " I cant make it along our usual hunting route, lets just stay
in the larger creek bed"

Had it not been for missing digfest THEN having a bad leg they would never have taken the walk along that section of drainage and found what was inside of the
briefcase,, , , , another oak frame with bright red velvet
cushioning. . . .

A gorgeous G-11, beautifully proportioned CORNER TANG.

[ COAd by Dwain Rogers ]

Re: BEST DIGFEST 2009 DAY FIND COMES TO LIGHT

A story this good must have a picture!

Here's the pics. I'm still reeling! Can't believe my good fortune.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunny Side Up !

Doesn't get much better than that...What a beautiful specimen.I think I like the patina (sunny) side best.Thanks for sharing!

That's a beaut. Gives the rest of us surface hunters hope for a find like that one day.

Wow an amazing point. I would have a bullet proof case for my bullet proof case with a treasure like that. Also not many c tangs have that patina and are still intact, sweet sweet piece of flint.

beautiful John ! im not sure what to even say , i should first congradulate you on still being alive and around to show it off ! im afraid if i had found it i would have had a heart attck on the spot and died with a grin ear to ear lol.

Holy smokes, that's a center fold for sure. Congratulations on such an incredible find.
(More,)happy hunting. AL.C

If you ever decide to sell I sure would like to have a shot at it.Super find for sure.......

that's a real beauty, congrats

Thanks alot guys. As a matter of fact, my wife said she had thought I might be having a heart attack when I first saw it lying there. Honestly, I went to my knees twice, (to get a closer look at it, I told her)lol. I didn't want to touch it till she came over to see it. Longest two minutes of my life!lol

Terrific find!

Very nice piece, super patina on that beauty! Best part of your find, you don't have any knuckleheads calling it a fake, thank God! Once again congrats!

Here's John at the FredB show [ this is the pic that should have been with all the words at the top of the
post]

Photobucket