Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
first people to go on walefare

Trish and i went down to our riding ranch yesterday. we decided to look for a camp , bingo , found on right on top of a hill top , about five acres in size , the thing is there is no flint here , i mean out of all the walking and looking maybe only 8 flakes of flint , the ret is all flaked off hard rock , and no points just tons of scrapers , and so crude , ive decided they worked their hands off trying to make em , looks like they didnt do so well , so i figure not being able to make points out of em , well they had to be starving to death , so must have been the first people to have to go one walefare lol
here is the deal . there are aroud 6000 acres down there , just north of Post , so we have always surface hunted , but i know there are tons of camps along side all the dried creek beds , we want to invite one experienced camp hunter/finder/digger to come up and go out with us , the only way in is on fourwheelers , we have an extra bike , so who ever does decide to explore it with us , come on and let git er done !!

Re: first people to go on walefare

Do you plan on digging these camps?If soo,im totally in

Drew that will be cool with us , i phoned Stephen and left a voice mail , we will take you guys one at a time , yes we plan on digging , and stephen im not concerned with someone being untrustworthy , you have to have a key to even get on the property lol , i trust you guys know where post is ? try about 40 miles northwest of snyder . down in the canyon land below the caprock . so let me know when your ready !

Sounds good Jerry,send my an e-mail sometime.doldham01@yahoo.com

Jerry!

See that happens! We goto nachos and you go up a hill! heh

I would LOVe to see some picks of any camps! Dry or not.. WHich you guys are a creaping around , think that you could snap a few for me??

I don't have to post them if you do not want me to. Just love to see where these little dudes were doin their thing!

Thanks!!!!!!!

emmmmmm 4 wheelin! That sounds fun by itsself!

Michelle

Michelle i have pics , a few anyway . i can take alot more , the last time i tried to post pics i was having trouble getting them to load , but if you will email my yahoo ill email pics back to you ! the camp we found on the lease is not the only place , there is another place we ride where there is a camp , we have found a couple of points there and numerous scrapers on this one also , there is a spot dug about 10ft by 15 foot and only about a foot deep in the center of this camp . i was told there was at one time a screen table there but they didnt dig long , im sure there is a ton of stuff in this camp . also im certain there are many more camps there , tell ya what if you and Hal ever get the itch to try something out of the ordinary by way of the kind of places and camps you are used to call me and you guy;s can come up and we will go check it out !

this is the type of hard stone they had to work with

the hilltop behind Trish is where the last camp we found sits