Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
a few finds

I got out and found a few. Nothing near as great as the c-tang posted earlier but not to bad either.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
and this was my last find of the day. It was about 5 inches long, the horn worm not the point
Photobucket

Re: a few finds

Sweet blade what is it? It looks like I may have to go creekwalking now!!! That was a really good day, black Ensor is nice too. Also I love in situs, thanks for taking the time.

You actually have water in your creeks? Ours are still bone dry. Those are some great finds. Thanks for the showing.

Thanks.
we have had so much rain that the water is still kinda high. In the last month and a half we have had 19 inches at my house.
I think the blade is a Darl but a buddy said it looked like an Ensor blade to him.
This creek always produces after a good rain.

Never had much luck creek hunting down here. Too much silt, leaves, etc. Had better luck away from the creeks where the sand has eroded down to the hardpan. Best hunting has always been where flint hills are near creeks. Find a lot of cobbles with test shards knocked off. Looking for the best material. The camps were near the base of the hill. Might be two hundred yards to the creek. No middens, but lots of fire rings. Still visible after thousands of years. Tried digging around the fire rings, but nothing but subsoil. Everything is on top. Perdiz laying right next to angostura points.

that's crazy T. everything laying right next to eachother.

Yep, good old red sandy soil. I'd posted a pic. of some surface finds back on May 9th at Big Wells. You can see the red sand and the hardpan. All the chips and burnt rock right on top. That's how I've found most of my points. Perds,perdiz, etc. all laying there right together waiting to be rescued.