Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Some good metal detecting finds!

After two months of detecting I finally found my first silver coin, and it's a 1911D Barber! I also found a 1899 O Barber so my second silver was better. It took me two months to find one and I found two the same day. I would have been happy with a 1964 Roosevelt. I knew the odds were good of finding an old one, if I found any. I haven't had a whole lot of luck at this old house sense I found a 1902 Indian and three wheat pennies. Here are the pics enjoy!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
<aPhotobucket"Photobucket">
Photobucket

Also found this old spoon
Photobucket
Photobucket

I found some other stuff too but probably not worth posting. Here are some pics of the old house I've been detecting around. Notice the big oak trees.

<aPhotobucket"Photobucket">
Photobucket

Hal, I'm not sure if this is one of those meteorites you were talking about but my detector found it. What do you think?
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Some good metal detecting finds!

Haha that must have been a common spoon type cause I found one that looke EXACTLY the same. Nice coins too, I've never found any detecting, but I don't go often

Nice finds, as a coin collector, those coins are in great condition, vf to xf. My father along with taking us arrowhead hunting, used to take us coin hunting. Talk about some cheap entertainment, for we were not wealthy by any means, we would go to lots around Arlington, after a old house was razed. Kind of like arrowhead hunting, after a good rain, we'd walk the lot looking for old coins, my best finds were wheat pennies, but my father found some silver coins. DJ, where is this old house, i've seen you talking about it, but i never paid any attention to the location?

rgs
Nice finds, as a coin collector, those coins are in great condition, vf to xf. My father along with taking us arrowhead hunting, used to take us coin hunting. Talk about some cheap entertainment, for we were not wealthy by any means, we would go to lots around Arlington, after a old house was razed. Kind of like arrowhead hunting, after a good rain, we'd walk the lot looking for old coins, my best finds were wheat pennies, but my father found some silver coins. DJ, where is this old house, i've seen you talking about it, but i never paid any attention to the location?

It is near Glen Rose and my aunt owns the land. I went there to hunt deer yesterday and had better luck metal detecting. I did see a small buck and a few Turkey though. I'm going back to Sanderson after Thanksgiving so maybe I can show you guys some arrowheads as well as metal detecting finds.

Excellent. Shows the property owners at least had some money to lose.
Nice picture of the "house", some grass, weed & brush mowing this winter is going to payoff.

The De Leon artifact show is this Saturday, if you happen to make it. . . If they have their usual
table locations, , , ,Right turn, a huge collection of metal arrow heads. Some metal detected, the others bought or traded.
Left turn, , , two tables of metal Indian camp litter. ALL metal detected.
This fellow found an area in W TX with big rocks arranged in circles. Dwain Rogers varified they were
Tepee skirt hold downs. Metal: from arrow heads & Percussion rifle hammers to trinkets.

SH
Excellent. Shows the property owners at least had some money to lose.
Nice picture of the "house", some grass, weed & brush mowing this winter is going to payoff.

The De Leon artifact show is this Saturday, if you happen to make it. . . If they have their usual
table locations, , , ,Right turn, a huge collection of metal arrow heads. Some metal detected, the others bought or traded.
Left turn, , , two tables of metal Indian camp litter. ALL metal detected.
This fellow found an area in W TX with big rocks arranged in circles. Dwain Rogers varified they were
Tepee skirt hold downs. Metal: from arrow heads & Percussion rifle hammers to trinkets.

Thanks Hal but I'm not going to be able to make it and your right about should be better with less weeds. Someone has the 1899 o Barber on ebay for $189.99 and it's in the same condition as mine. It is supposed to be a rare find in great condition.

I forgot to comment on the lump ! It's definitly not that useless Markasite. Very odd coloration for
a piece of metal thats been in the ground for years.

If it was mine, I would grind a flat spot on it and see if there is anything unique about the interior.

. . .IF. . .it seems to have that Witerstrand patterning. .
STOP GRINDING. . .Then that lump is worth more than gold