Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
digging anyone?

i went today and found a 4 1/2 inch blade at the perd camp where richard dug the trench but if you want to go next weekend,you are more than welcome to join with our group

Re: digging anyone?

are you going sat. or sun?

next saturday

j.hope
i went today and found a 4 1/2 inch blade at the perd camp where richard dug the trench but if you want to go next weekend,you are more than welcome to join with our group

HEY , , , Was there a bit of antler bone stuck on the end of the blade

I am heading up early Saturday morning. Thank you for the invitation. I look forward to meeting your group. The Perd Camp will be good. Cheers! Bill B

lol no i didnt find no antler with it, but my cousin found three smaller blades together with alot of bones and bone tools.maybe they were preparing a feast

j.hope
lol no i didnt find no antler with it, but my cousin found three smaller blades together with alot of bones and bone tools.maybe they were preparing a feast

Thats very interesting. . .
That hole you see in our pictures had a fire hearth right at the good artifact level. It was a true
fire pit or hearth [ not a fire rock midden ] lots of charcoal and ash roughly within a ring of largish stones.
We had been finding bone including teeth & antler the whole day. Some good artifacts but not the blades that
they needed to cut up the steaks!
Maybe you got them all ! Good luck this weekend