Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Good Day at Shoepeg

I'll get our finds posted tomorrow, but check out Russells 7" blade. Now that's the find of the day.
TJ has one of the four Andice blades found also.

Re: Good Day at Shoepeg

Wow, find of the day AND a beautiful color pattern.

Assuming thats a Harahey and an Andice, thats about the most severe time span we have seen in many a
dig site. [ maybe the midden needs metal detecting for Spanish armor hardware ]

Hey Tehuacana,I'd love to see more pics,my wife and I were supposed to be at Shoepeg.I guess there was just a mix up between me and TJ.I don't know if I can make it during the week .TJ said they would dig there thru Wednesday, but not again until Spring because of hunters.Would have been a good time diggin with Tehuacana ,but maybe next time.Can't wait to see your finds.

He was overloaded yesterday, Will. Had three extra's at the gate, plus someone brought their son, so he had a little bit of a screw up yesterday. Said he was going to have 12 out today. I think Arizona Al was going to be there. We thought about going today instead of yesterday, but the weather report showed a chance of rain, and my rain gear has mold on it from the last 5 digs we've done because everytime we go it rains. Even when the forecast said 0% it would rain. The ranchers in that area loved it when we showed up. Better then a rain dance. It was a guarantee it would rain. Mabbe we can set up a date in spring. There is still a lot of undug camp there. It's a big site.
Will post here in a little bit with our finds.

TJ told me he was full up for Sat. extras at the gate don't help. Sure a nice blade that young man found ....it's the stuff dreams are made of! True artist/craftsman at work on that one.

Yeah, he told us 9:00 because of deer season, and we got there a few minutes early. Nobody was around, we waited a little bit and the owner showed up, let us in. TJ had miscommunicated the time, as everyone else was already on the tables. Lot of apologies, discounts, and all after I chewed him out. But we're still on good terms. Stuff like that happens, I don't hold grudges. Still, all in all we did good.
Good weather and some good finds.
Will, I've tried emailing you before but it comes back undeliverable, so when you get the chance shoot me an email and we'll get a trip planned for next year.
Here's our finds from yesterday, minus a half dozen broken pieces. The one underneath the Langtry we couldn't identify. Heard everything from a Bell variant to a Perd. Better shot of it in the second pic. above the LaJita. First pic. got kinda cropped. Any idea's?

lookin good. Re that point in question, I'm thinking its the same as whatever your calling the other
similar point. No book,work just the major features seem close enough to be just made by different
people with seperate considerations.

I'm just noticing how nicely crafted ALL the langtrys are. Never a clunker. Like Montells. . .anybody
ever see a thick Montell ?

Lottsa folks, lottsa laughs, , , except the poor loader operators ! They probably put 500 miles on the machines.

What kind of hunting licence restriction is that in that county ? Cant shoot screeners before 0900 ?

Sh has a good point they are very similar, but one appears to be corner notched, and the other basal notched. One looks like a conejo from the books, and the other may be a variant. Either way I don't think it's deeply notched enough to be a bell but I'm not a pro by any means.. As for thick langtrys I've never seen one, if I find a crude langtryish point it always turns out to be a Gary lol. Nice finds

I know on the Frio/LaSalle hunting leases, it's 8:00 to 4:00 entrance. Don't want anybody getting shot by slap happy deer hunters. I think there was some misunderstanding or miscommunication on his part. I'm getting old, but still have good hearing and memory retention. About the only two things I got left that still work.
But it still worked out, that extra time that we were late on gave the other diggers time to clear out all the barren dirt. We got there in time to start finding points.
Those two points do have a lot in common. TJ just called them knives. Guess that's the best name to call a lot of points. That or mabbe they'll be a new point type and be named after me. Hmmm, now that's a thought.

The "TEHUACANA, STUBBED BASE KNIFE"

Has a nice ancient sound to to it !

Nice finds Tehuacana! Don't know what that point is ,but it looks like a point that I think Tucker posted a few weeks ago.I'm not an E-mailer so I'll have to get my wife to help me ,but yes sounds like a great idea.

nice finds T. Can't help on the unk. point though.

Hmmm, Tehuacana Stub Based, has a nice ring to it.