Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Overstreets Price Guide

Just to let anybody that's interested know, I picked up the new edition yesterday at Barnes and Nobles. His prices look a lot more realistic then previous issues.

Re: New Overstreets Price Guide

Inflation check please:::

Perds are said to be the most prolific, common, mundane points found in Tx.

10th edition, highest priced = $ 500.

New 11th = ?

Any reading on that antique 5th Ed you have been using ?

They have a G10 for $950. And I looked, it's the fourth edition,think I told you wrong before, but it's pretty dog-earred from use.
Sorry about that. Also have the 9th. Some of the points are the same in those two books, and the prices generally are about the same.
Now that little petrified wood Perdiz has jumped from $75-$125 range in 1995 in the fourth edtion to a whopping $125 - $200. But that still isn't double in value after 14 - 15 years.

AH Haaa, , , Thousands of "old timers" go rumaging through the garage storage boxes for the stupid
uninteresting Perds that were too numerous to keep putting in frames.

Almost a thousand bucks for a Perd !

I'll have to check the new one out just to see how the prices have changed.

Quite a few have changed. Prices too, but not drasticly, some actually have gone down in value. Overstreet did say at the beginning of the book that this price is on the high end what collectors would pay, and the low end what dealers would pay. That's if you want the point bad enough. He made it clear that it's for information only. The contributors to that issue included Dwain Rogers and Winston Ellison, and I'm sure that those and others that contributed to the book were the ones that gave the prices. Not Overstreet. I just use the book as a reference.
Hester's and Perino's are good books, but a drawing is no where near as good as a picture. Nor do they have as many variants of a single point. The good old Langtry in Overstreets is a perfect example.
I'd posted that the new issue was out on another website and gotten a lot of flak from a couple of nefarious characters about fakes (common word) and mistakes. Well, even with all the research that had to be done on that book, there's bound to be mistakes. There are thousands of points listed. But all in all, it's still a good reference guide of local points.

I am like you, I just use it for reference/ID help.
Prices are always subject to what the market will bring but you know if someone wants a point bad enough and has the money they will pay tons for it. Besides everyone has an opinion,high or low, on what the value of their points are regardless of what any book says.