Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DIGGIN N PIGGIN

Thanksgiving digfeast today...Bandger starts the morning off with the heavy weight of the day. .

Photobucket

A "Kerrville" knife from Austin, Actually a well made chopper would be a more acurate identification. . .

Photobucket

Most CenTx choppers / knives tend to be more rounded on the working face rather than Kerrville pointy...

Photobucket

Bout mid morn, Badger took a break to do some surfacing. Wound up in a deep dark abandonded
hole. . . . up high in the roots. . . a BASE. . .
a complete Perd. .. happy thanksgiving !

Photobucket

Last year we had an expensive, endangered species, PENGUIN for thanksgiving digfeast, , , , ,

Photobucket

It's a whole different economy this year, had to go with something a little more economical. . .

Photobucket

Let the feasting begin...Morning flint finds Ala Carte. . .

Photobucket

No lace table cloth. . .[ matter of fact. . . NO table ! ]

Photobucket

Good to the last hoof ! [ hope it stays down ]

Photobucket

YAHOOOoooooo. . . PUMPKIN PIE with REAL WHIPPED CREAM. . .

Photobucket

Desert in the dirt.. . . .Fantastico. Along with finds up to party time. . .

Photobucket

UMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .

Photobucket

MAN, I LOVE WHIPPED CREAM ON PUMPKIN PIE !

Photobucket

Nother BIG afternoon find. . . working the wall, a good looking Mano appeared. . .

Photobucket

Moment of truth. . . rip it out of the ground, , , Is it broken ? ? ? ?

Photobucket

UNDAMAGED. . .red granite, well used, good "pecking"

Photobucket

BLUE PLATE SPECIAL. End of the day, dishes and these points are washed. Didn't give much publicity to that undamaged, well used blade, no insitu, it just fell out and "appeared" in a blink !

Photobucket

Special macro detail shot. The big white based Perd has two inclusions of ancient snails.
See the "pencil marks" on the chopper. . .Those are in
there to stay. . .pick point marks !

Photobucket

A huge Toad Stool needed to be recorded, used the huge mano for scale.

Photobucket

!!!!! BURP !!!!!

Re: DIGGIN N PIGGIN

I always wondered, after finding flint rocks with fossils in them, in an artifact would show up with fossils in it. Interesting thought.
How'd you get so much whip cream on your face?

Wy Yes,.....Tecate dose go good with pigs feet, and raw oysters too! Good props shallow hal! A good turkey gobble gets the pie every time.

Tehuacana
I always wondered, after finding flint rocks with fossils in them, in an artifact would show up with fossils in it. Interesting thought.
How'd you get so much whip cream on your face?

Flint with any kind of inclusion in it can be thought of exactly the same as Mosquitos in Amber.
Except the flint is not as transparent. Some scientists are dedicating their efforts to explore this condition. It's worth it. . . Some fossil bearing aged flint can be an astonding 438 million years old [ Silurian ] and contain the complete soft tissue structures.
Trick is to get close enough to examine an object in a matrix harder than steel.

Whipped cream,. , . , . When I like something, I REALLY like it, sortta like enjoying a watermelon slice.

Gotta cut this posting short this morning, I'm out the door right now. . . . I want to get a good parking spot at Walmart !

mmmmm pickeled pigs feet..