Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FANTASTIC NEW INVENTION FOR DIGGER SAFETY

A gravel truck size load of dirt crashing down on a hapless digger intent on " digging deep " is
an everyday reality.
The recent overhangs at Chrisners was so severe, I just HAD to do something about it.

Just follow the instructions as illustrated in the dig pics of 11-27-09

Tie the end of a long length of logging chain around your ankle . . . .

Photobucket

Just string the chain out so it will be sticking out in case of a fall.
Your dig buddies can just tug you out. . .

Photobucket

The beauty of the concept is that if gentle pulling does not bring your digger out, , , , You can always
rig a come-along

Re: FANTASTIC NEW INVENTION FOR DIGGER SAFETY

Hal i'm still laughing, they might pull your leg off, before they pull you out from beneath a ton of dirt, snow maybe, dirt no. BE CAREFUL, DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN SUCH SITUATIONS. I worked construction in high school for 2 years, in trenches 10 ft. deep, wouldn't do it again, especially for what they were paying me back then. It was enough to make me get a good education, to avoid ditches though. BE CAREFUL HAL!

Hal, that make sme nervous just seeing you in that overhang

Ya, I told him all morning .> GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE!!

Lord knows I couldn't pull even his skinny 75lbs out of there! Would turn into Midden Jerky!

I might have to get a come-a-long or just hook the chain to my bumper ! heh

He was safe .. OTHER THAN for the pictures!

Hey Shallow Hal,.......
Your just Not supposed to go that Deep!

I'd love to send that photo to all the paranoid
OSHA engineers!!! Maybe even the school of mines?

Mike, , , I didnt do that. What you see is how the last diggers were working [ few hours later Richard came long with the back hoe and tore off the overhang.]

I detect some negative thoughts about my new invention not being able to pull a fully buried digger out of a
truckload of rocks.
Thats why the invention uses logging chain for strength, Badger thought of the idea of using a
come-along for extra pull.

If thats still not enough muscle. . . using the ranch tractor to pull is sure to do the job !

Wouldn't that pull the unlucky digger out in pieces? If so, mabbe multiple chains would work better. You know, one around each leg and arm and a support chain around the neck area.

well after diggin palmers and havin that midden rock fall hitting me in the head and burying me from head to waist was not a good exsperience

once i got myself out having dirt in nose, ear and mouth and bleeding from my head and brow i sat there and thought ... dang that was stupid to take a chance of a possible collapse

my buddy bill at chrisners pointed out a crack on the ledge i was workin that kept gettin wider i went ahead and collapsed it not wanting my head to hurt any worse due to my sinus headache lol

diggin buddies are best to have around just in case
unless you get bit in the butt by a copper head i think they just might let you die lol

Glad to know it wasn't you SH, well, I guess with enough chains hooked to all body apendages, one would look kinda like the Pinhead character in the Hellraiser movies!
The collapse factor of the deep uncosolidated stratum in our big cave site was a deciding factor of Not to entertain the idea of a pay dig there.Would never have been able to afford any insurance coverage.Came too close to getting buried myself as it was!