Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Christners Finds

Pictures coming! Heading back to the Perd camp tomorrow. Found another fire pit. Sweet. Ensors, fleshers and Uvaldes. Hopin Richard will remove the top off the oven for us. Not at all wet. Great day diggin with Jessie.

Re: Christners Finds

Ah HA. . .We know it takes good finds to bring you back two days in a row. That makes SIX fire pits
along that area. Fire pit = flint magnet.
Why does Jessie bother with glasses if he can see bird point to fire pit sizes ?

Pls dont forget about a pic, me and some others are interested in the finds along there.

Raining in Austin. That fire pit will have to wait.

Hal, sharpen up those diggin tools. Maybe next weekend if weather allows.

bill did u find anything after i left yesterday

No, but I did lose my gold wedding ring in the dirt. I will be in big trouble if I dont find it.I normally take it off but this time I forgot. I am hopeful if some kind person finds it they will give it to Richard. I am renting a metal detector next Saturday early and I hope to find it.It can only be one place. Its there in the dirt. Not tellin the wife yet. Not a great day.

Sorry you lost that, but it does remind me... When I was little, about 6, I was playing in the dirt when I dug up a gold wedding ring while my dad was skinning a deer. Turns out he had lost it there two years prior while skinning a different deer, needless to say I couldn't keep it even though I found it. Hope you find your ring idaho.

HEY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOURE RING BILL WISH I LIVED CLOSER I WOULD HELP YOU LOOK FOR IT

AND AS FAR AS HAL IS CONCERNED HIM WITH SHARP OBJECTS MAKES ME NERVOUS

HE IS GETTIN A LITTLE SHAKEY BEIN SO OLD AND ALL REMIND ME TO BRING MY FIRST AID KIT NEXT TIME I GO DIGGIN JUST IN CASE :)

I have always encouraged diggers to get into metal detecting, even around ancient camp sites.
I was thinking about the chance possibility of an Aztec jeweled headband, Spanish flintlock or
Davey Crockets horse shoe. . But some gold from
Idaho is really spectacular.

I might get there Sat Morn, the WX genies are forecasting clear and mid 65's

I will definitely be there early Saturday morning. I may have left that ring by that old entrance to the Texas Comstock load. I need to metal detect the dirt before you start diggin another cave and backfill the entire area. I have an APB out with Christners. Going home next week without my ring may put my old a...s in jeapardy with the better half. I am calling around for a detector.

Badger is going to breakdown and buy a new battery for her detector.!
Have to change the day though, she & I will be out there at dawn on SUNDAY.
Hope you find your ring before then but if your still looking Sunday, see you then.

I will be out there as well. I broke down and got me a detector as I need one anyway. Perhaps some of those metal trade points will show up. Maybe a nice Aztec gold piece. See you there.

Idaho
I will be out there as well. I broke down and got me a detector as I need one anyway. Perhaps some of those metal trade points will show up. Maybe a nice Aztec gold piece. See you there.

The local gold bullion dealer said you had found your ring on Saturday. I brought my detector Sunday so
I figured I might as well look around. . .

Photobucket

Right at that patch where you had parked your gear and had lunch, , , , , I got a signal ! ! ! !

Photobucket

Well it turned out to be a very nice fork. . . . with part of your lunch still in good shape, , , ,

Photobucket

Is that fork part of a set your wife might want back ?

You're killin me Hal. That's a Arizona Potato; no relation to the much larger and more tasty Idaho variety. Had it been a real Idaho potato you would have found a pitchfork in it. I am certain that fork was left by a marauding band of chicken eating diggers. Although I will congraulate you on the exciting find. Perhaps a new digging instrument to add to your extensive ****nal of trenching tools?

I did find my ring right where I left it behind where I park my car. My new detector picked up on it after the third pass. It was my find of the day.

Idaho
You're killin me Hal. That's a Arizona Potato; no relation to the much larger and more tasty Idaho variety. Had it been a real Idaho potato you would have found a pitchfork in it. I am certain that fork was left by a marauding band of chicken eating diggers. Although I will congraulate you on the exciting find. Perhaps a new digging instrument to add to your extensive ****nal of trenching tools?

I did find my ring right where I left it behind where I park my car. My new detector picked up on it after the third pass. It was my find of the day.

Three passes !! ! ! New detector must be at least 100 bucks, thats $ 33. per pass [ before tax ]

Well you Idahoians sure know your potatos !As you observe, Must be an AZ knockoff, next time I'll get a COA before
publishing !

Did you or Michelle have any luck out that way yesterday Hal? I'm chomping at the bit to go somewhere SOON.

SH you should probably frame that rare potatoe find. I think it may be a priceless collectable. LOL

eric
SH you should probably frame that rare potatoe find. I think it may be a priceless collectable. LOL

The penalty for impersonating an authentic Idaho potato is the death penalty !

Photobucket

I see you have posted another imposter. That spud has all the earmarks of the non-papered Arizona variety.

Just to let you know Hal, Im in the process of making for you a new four prong digger. Custom specifications made to help you find those potatoes.