Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Newbie Help

My father grew up in Caddo Oklahoma finding arrowheads and has recently mentioned he would love to go out and look for arrowheads again. He is no longer in the best of health but I would like to get him out looking. He can get around but a strenuous hike would be out of the question. I know very little about the subject except what sites I could find on the net. can anyone suggest a non-pay site witin the area of - Wichita to Houston- Little Rock to Dallas?
Is there any must reads on the subject? We will be traveling around the christmas holiday for a week.
Thanks in advance!
LP

Re: Newbie Help

Don't give up yet, there's bound to be somebody up in that area that will post and help you out.

A very tough set of guidelines to work around !
There are NO non pay sites otherwise they would have been dugout to zero many years ago.
Any surface hunting demands getting around on uneven ground, and best results are usually in terrible terrain
where other hunters failed to look.

Possibley a good alternative is to do a really good search for even small local culture related museums that feature artifacts. Years ago I went from Centx to Oaklahoma and visited 3 such museums on the way.

The natural history museum in Houston has a complete HUGE Bison skull on display with a perfectly intact
arrowhead imbedded in the top. Second floor above the fossil history auditorium.

Talk about making a 2000 pound monster unhappy !

Sorry about your dad's health. If you venture alittle out to the southwest area your more than invited to spend the day scratching for artifacts here. Merry x-mas from the Nueces Canyon.