Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Surface Finds From Frio Co.

Slow day, and the deer hunters were nursing a hangover, so I did a little surface hunting before the bullets started flying again. Ended with with a Palmillas, which I haven't seen posted very often. One beat up Clear Fork, a Scallorn, another one of those dang knife's, and a wannabe Ensor?. The knife base has the fluting? common to a lot of the knives, but no basal grinding, so I doubt it's Paleo. Even though I have found Angostura's and a Hardin base in the same area.

Re: Latest Surface Finds From Frio Co.

A nice set of finds, especially the Palmillas. Lots of flint & artifacts are in Frio county, I got to surface hunt 1 time on a ranch many years ago there, found 1 whole point & lots of used & broken artifacts. Congrats.....John

Thanks John. I've surface hunting a lot of the southern half of Frio and most of LaSalle county. Lot of good points and area's to surface hunt. Lot of dry creeks plus the Frio and Leona river in Frio co. and the Frio and Nueces rivers in LaSalle county.

What a nice way to spend a slow day [ bet our surface hunting buddies up north just wish they could see the ground ! ]
I wouldn't throw that fluted in the scrap bucket til some flint show dealers look at it.
Your hunting area sure include some major drainages, good deal [ and no caloused hands ! ]

Hi Te,
A good palmillas is a good point to have. That little jewell in the lower right corner also has plainview written all over it, and is especially nice when you find em whole. Good Finds!

Thanks Mike. I've found several on the same ranch that had a Paleo look to them. One Hardin base for sure, and several knife bases that had that type of fluting. I'm planning on bringing a few to the Fredericksburg show next month and let you put the eye to them. I find them in the same area that I've found a lot of unfluted points.

nice finds there T.

Thanks Eric. Looks like you did pretty good yourself.

Tehuacana
Thanks Eric. Looks like you did pretty good yourself.

Te, are you actually checking postings on your WIFI laptop at Shoooooepeg ??

TJ moved it up till tomorrow. Little warmer. He said we'd be the only ones out today, which I didn't have a problem with. Be catered on hand and foot, but TJ was pushing hard for a Sunday trip. So, being as I'm so soft hearted, I let him talk me into it.
The wireless internet does work great out there though.

I did alright. Beats a sharp stick in the eye. The two ensors I found were right on top of eachother and came out of the dirt together. I found them about 30 minutes before I had to leave.