Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
last sunday rainy day digging

here is a group shot of everything that i found...
Photobucket
... and here are the good ones.
perd, la jita, AWESOME perd, bulverde, perd knife, williams,and bulverde.
that perd is one of the best in my collection, love the long ears on it.
Photobucket
found two "basetangs" the first a repaired castroville that was probably 4.5 or 5 inches long before it was fixed. it is whole though. and a broke that i think may have been a montell that took a tang with it after excessive resharpening.
Photobucket
Photobucket
and now the bones... the first is jost a long bone to a small mammal, with a hole drilled in the end.
Photobucket
the second is a bone fragment with a hole drilled into the top.
Photobucket
and third is a bone bead, it has a 360 degree bevel around both outside edges, andtwo small indentions that look like wear from hanging on a string.
i found it sifting my throw, and im hoping to find a dozen more with a gorget like the last time i found drilled bone peices.
Photobucket
thanks for looking.

Re: last sunday rainy day digging

very nice always a full board of pics awsome tucker

Nice stuff tucker, if you dont mind me asking were abouts are you digging. The last mound I dug put out almost identical points. That square eared castro is a shame.

That long eared Marshall is killer.Hell of a camp your digging

g-towndigger
Nice stuff tucker, if you dont mind me asking were abouts are you digging. The last mound I dug put out almost identical points. That square eared castro is a shame.

I'm digging in Kendall county outside of kendalia, which is a tiny town between blanco and boerne. I'm only digging one mound currently but two family friends have recently offered for me to dig camps on their property as well. I would have loved to find that castroville whole, but I'll take a repaired point over a broke any day. And drew, I really wish it was a Marshall, but it has bifurcation flutes on both sides, so I think I'm going to have to call it a pedernales. I thought it was a Marshall at first too. Thanks for the nice comments.

Tucker a very nice days haul from digging, that long eared Perd is awesome, all very nice though, congrats....John

Drew is a faster typer than me, I think long ear is a Marshal too. If so, you may have to keep hunting
for that ultimate Perd. It probably wont have excessive ears but they made them in spear point sizes !
Rain or shine those are great finds. Matter of fact it's what should be expected in a long term occupation camp. Strange how the vast majority of the midden reports we see only have stone artifacts that survived.

Your going to have to mix that bone preservative by the gallon.

Excellent report, tks

great looking points tucker. thats a killer long eared perd. thats a great area to hunt artifacts. my parents live about 5 miles from kendalia, and ive stomped around that area most of my life. congrats