Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Anyone going to Nacho's this weekend??

Re: Anyone going to Nacho's this weekend??

We're hitting Shoepeg Sunday. Was planning on tommorrow but better weather for Sunday.

Hello Kade
I am new to this site and I was interested in going. Never been to a pay dig site. I live in leakey so pretty close for me.

I want to go back right after Christmas. Maybe New Years weekend or the one after

Do you know what time everyone's meeting at the gate sunday morning at shoepeg? I am planning on going but cant get ahold of TJ to ask what time I need to be there, oh and did he say how many diggers he has scheduled? thanks, Kade

Hey Michael, how did you meet up with Bud, I was just wondering how you two knew each other? He's a really nice guy, alot of fun to be around. Not a bad day at Nacho's, I liked that Marshal you found... pretty sweet, hope to see you out at a digsite again.

He'd called earlier, about 8:30. They still have deer hunters out there, so TJ said we'd probably go down to the site around 8:45 or 9.
See you there.

Sounded like just us and Steve. He had some others scheduled buth I think they canceld out.

what did yall end up finding at Shoepeg Sunday?

Brokes. Not even worth posting. TJ worked that area till noon, then moved over to the Andice hole. We found two brokes there. Quit around four. The wife had enough. Wasn't like TJ and Cyrus weren't trying, we just hit a dry run. The first area looked great, nothing but midden rock, snails, and tons of flakes, but nothing whole. Earl screened a little while and found a broken ET. Best we came back with was a beat up early archaic blade, a worn out Nolan, and a killer base of a Perd. It finally cleared up and the afternoon was perfect weather. Had more fun watching the 5 million squirrels fighting across the river then moving dirt. Wish Earl would have let me bring my little Ruger 10-22 with the fifty round banana clip.

Tehuacana

Confused ! Ahh!

This post was asking who went to Nachos.. Did yall goto Nacho's or TJ's ??

Thanks! I think you went to TJ's but I wanted to be sure!

We went to TJ's out at Shoepeg, Kade was there for a couple of hours, think he had other irons in the fire though.

I think Kade had a change of plans, but don't know if he went on out to Nacho's later Sunday or Monday. He didn't say when he left.

I was in the area so I went out to shoepeg to see where they were digging, I went to nacho's saturday and did pretty good, 3 good Perd's and 2 good ET's, my friend that I went with found the best Kerrville knife I have ever seen hands down. I havent been hearing of much coming out of shoepeg recently, correct me if im wrong

We were there last month, did fair, but Russell Keys found that 7" blade that I posted. A real good Marsall was found on another table, but I didn't get the chance to take a pic. of it. Flo-town was out there the same day, he found a few. Then Arizona Al was out the next day, some really good points were found, but poor Al's camera went the way of Hal's. Too much dust, poor camera commited suicide on him.

haha, the last time I was there was mid November, I think you were out there, I just saw a good Nolan, and some guy found an Andice with a broken ear and base, but it was a dandy, was there very many Andice found out there? I would like to be out there when they get into a good Montell camp, I have sold ALOT of my points recently and my collection is getting rather slim, I want to start finding some good quality stuff and from what I have been hearing, that site of Nacho's in barksdale has been producing some good points. the day I was there I saw at least 4 diggers leave with some REALLY spectacular pieces, you should have seen that Kerrville knife, I have never seen anything like it, there was also a eccentric Andice found it was really beat up, all that was left was the base and the middle but it had 2 deep notches on each side, it was really neat. there were also some Frio's found that would knock your socks off

That's right, you were there. Screening with Victor Woods, then you moved over to the table with Flo-town. I don't know if you were there when Russell found that blade. TJ is in the same pic. with Russell holding that Andice. TJ dug there Sunday afternoon, but it didn't produce anything.
The wife found a serrated Nolan.