Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
JHope's 7 3/4" Monster

I was out digging next to Jeremy and he said that he dinged the tip of one. So I went over to see what it was. The tip was poking out and so we started to clean a little dirt away and the point kept growing and growing and growing. Needless to sat we were both going crazy. By the time it was all said and done he found a 7 3/4" monster. It is beautiful and the only damage to it was the tiniest tip ding from his pick.
Photobucket
It's growing
Photobucket
Photobucket
and growing
Photobucket
here it is dirty
Photobucket
and now cleaned up a bit
Photobucket
Photobucket
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Photobucket

Re: JHope's 7 3/4" Monster

That's a beaut. Heart attack for sure.

GADZOOKS. . . WHAT A FIND ! FANTASTICO

Double fantastico that you got insitu pics from the start, the memory lives on.

Too bad about that terrible tip damage

Tks very much for the report !

Ok ....

HOLY ****TT !

What County are you diggin?? and can I put that sucker on the front page!!!!

CONGRATS~! WOW !!!!!

I would haev to go change my drawers after that one!

Wow find of a lifetime... Congratulations!!! Is that a bevel I see in one of the bottom pics?

What a "Mega" BIG Nice piece, WOW! Looks like the Biggest, Best piece I have seen dug in Texas in ALL of 2009, congrats on finding it! John

Wow, other than awesome what do you call that type? What kind of blade is it?

Awesome pics....Im not sure i reconize that as a Texas point!!!!!!What are you caling it?And where did it come from?

mwh
Wow, other than awesome what do you call that type? What kind of blade is it?

Anybody !. . . go ahead, be the first to make an educated ID. I've got a very stong defence of my own apraisal ready. [ I'm already presupposing even Mike wont like my words ! ]

1st guess ouchita
2nd base tang
3rd San jacinto
4th Motley
if the point is an ouchita as I guessed it looks a little narrow, but if there is a bevel this suggests resharpening which would account for that. size fits as does flaking pattern from the little I can see. Info on depth and location, (county), found would be great, and may knock out motley as a possibility.

I wouldn't know what to call it and believe it or not it came from Chrisners on thursday. It was just me and Jeremy there diggin'. I am just glad that I got the privalege of seeing come out of the ground first hand. I am also very happy that I got to hold it and help him clean it up.
I would say put it on the front page. I don't think thay Jeremy would mind either. I told him that I would post it for him because he has computer issues.
By the way I would say that it was about three feet down.

M. I emailed you a couple of the cleaned up pics of the monster if you want it on the front page.

Well, hopefully you left me one as well.. Hal and I are going out there sunday AM ..

Hal said I can bring my pillow and nap if I get bord or its too muddy for me! heh

Good! Email me (Privatly Ofcourse) and give me some "pointers" on where to be digging tomorrow!

Michelle

Just chatted Richard.. Dwain is going to be there Sunday for lunch and would love to see it!

heck, I will be there tomorrow and would love to see it too! They didn't get any pictures of it ... and would love a few for advertising ... (Hint)

If ya can that is!

Michelle

the guy who found it,Jeremy, said that he frequents this forum and goes by the name Jhope. He tried to call Richard when he found it to show him but there was no answer. Hopefully he will see the post and bring it up there this weekend. He goes out to Chrisners fairly often I believe. I can only remember his first name. Hope that you get to see it in person. The pics do not do it justice.

Just wanted to say that Michelle nailed it in her first response DIDDO! What an awesome find congrats ! Definitly got your ,what is it, $40 worth . Excellent show guys.

well he was there today i didnt see the point but i saw a pic of it that jessee had on his phone

my first thought was i dunno needs to get it papered by dwain

its a big rascal thats for sure

Man what a beauty! And a typing challenge. I gotta say Base Tang, but I think it's a bit more than that because the base resembles Motley more than any other.
I'll want to hear what Dwain says! Stupendous Find!!!

Being a surface hunter and only having dug one time . well finding on the surface where we have hunted i often thought , hmmm maybe they will have dropped one by accident . then after my one time dig , reading and seeing all the things you guys have found digging , i was like hmmm , now how could these guys have just made all these blades and points and just left em laying there , thats like leaving your Bowie knife laying next to you and just walking away ,

BUT that right there , yea that to me would be more like driving your mule up next to a creek , laying your rifle on the seat and just walking away and forgetting all about it and leave it there !
That is so nice a find it is beyond words . how does someone as novice as myself even comment on a find like that . i guess to me id have to say . welcome to Vegas ! i hope you enjoyed your stay < and be sure to put that $10.000.000 jackpot you won at the table in a bank when you get home , congrats, congrats , congrats , congrats !!!!

lol ill bet Chrisners is gonna be like a honey comb full of worker bees on crank after that find !

incredible life tim find! thanks for taking in situ shots

wow...definitely a find of a lifetime. very beautiful point. Cant wait till the day i find my killer point

Ok Guy's ..

The person who foudn this item was suposed to bring it back up to Chrisners when I was there Sunday to have Dwain Rogers put his fingers on it and see if it was real or not..

He was a NO SHOW .. There are LOT of people that think that this point is a Fake.

Until he gets it to Dwain and Dwain says that its good.. There is no need to congradulate this person anymore.

I am locking this post untill we find out if its Real or Fake. I think its only fair.

Michelle

PS: Do not just start a new post about it because it will be deleted.