Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4'' Angostura

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: 4'' Angostura

Good show, including the nub. Thats a nice clean office too !
If nubby's from the same very old area as the Angostura, what do you think it is ? [ or hope it is ? ]

I have no clue Hal.Its sort of a rounded squared base,grounded and fluted.Im thinkin it was just a random find.The early archaic people picked it up along the way and re-used it? When are you going to come down and dig this old camp with me?

Im thinkin the nub is possibly another very large Angostura?Could an Angostura have a flute and ground base?

Bless Your little black heart Drew...I commented on your Ango find in the early morn and it must have
put the flint medicine man in a good mood, lucky for me. Long about 0930 yesterday I FOUND ONE TOO !

Had a harder life than yours, tip's bust. . .

Photobucket

Now a shot of the B side. base on the left [ just like some Overstreet examples with that teeny notch ]
Colateral flaking. The tip damage is impact style !
ALSO. . He must have been trying to open a can of beans with the lower edge, it's all shattered too. The quality of the good edge is top quality, must have been a museum piece before it was used as a pry bar !

Photobucket

Here's my office. . . .

Photobucket

Keep that nub in the " transitional paleo " frame until somebody says differently. If that was in the same area as the Angostura, you may be in a good ancient level rather than a washdown fluke. More
goodies 2 inches further in.!
Pls Email Mlle @ AD .com with your Email adress, we'll have words.

Nice Hal.Angosturas are just flying out everywhere.I'll send you an email.Thats a very shallow camp by the way.

Hal, How did you determine that this particular area was a camp? Did you find tent stakes left behind? Seriously I need to learn how to determine what areas were used as camps and what areas were not.

nice show fellas. Keep on finding them.

Hal, no suprises that one, you found a nice point and two, your up at 4:30 am posting.

Shoot Me an email Hal doldham01@yahoo

Dwaine
Hal, How did you determine that this particular area was a camp? Did you find tent stakes left behind? Seriously I need to learn how to determine what areas were used as camps and what areas were not.

Google. . . CAMP BOWIE MAIN

That will put you right on the page of TEXASBEYONDHISTORY.NET. Very difinitive explanations of midden camps.

" where to dig " is always elusive, even for experts. You figure around the fringes of fire rock mounds and some under is best. Thats where the food was also nice cozy warmth in the cool WX, a natural
focal place for people to gather. . . . BUT, , , what about AUGUST in Texas ?? Normal humans would want to get far away from that heat radiator and smoldering fire smoke, , , so they moved far away, under the coconut trees next to the spring !

Once a true firerock midden is located [ even completely dug out ] There are always possibilities
on the camp outskirts. "Shallow" can be REALLY shallow, thats why there are surface finds.