Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Texas Beaches

does anyone know if it is legal to hunt the Beaches in Texas? i have seen a few posts about beach combing, and it seems people are posting like it is legal to hunt arrowheads there. any info would be appreciated.

Re: Texas Beaches

As far as I know, it is legal as long as it's Not on

State Park Land, or National Seas****. There have been

several people on this site who hunt beach areas, so

I'm sure that you will get other comments & help.

that is where we are planning to go. Is it legal there? How far a walk is it? Should you look only at the water line or farther inland?

gman

gman
that is where we are planning to go. Is it legal there? How far a walk is it? Should you look only at the water line or farther inland?

gman

Google "SHELL MIDDENS "

There's a lot more interesting " stuff " at waterline but keep glancing up at any rise of higher ground inland.
A shell midden will show where the ancients actually congregated rather than just dropping the occasional artifact while surfing !

This question comes up from time to time. Collecting artifacts on lands bordering or under Texas Territorial waters is forbidden under state law. This includes beaches. You can Google: Artifact Collecting in Texas and read the regulations for yourself.