Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NO FRONT PAGE FOR A 5 1/16TH INCH PERD

Re: NO FRONT PAGE FOR A 5 1/16TH INCH PERD

I putcha' up there !

Poor 70yo thing!

Don't worry ! I gotcha up there !

Hal, Congrats on that Perd. Had it been a couple feet longer you could easily peel a real Idaho Spud. What you're looking for to really do the job is a 12 inch corner tang. I did some surface hunting wihle back in Idaho for the holidays but was tough going in the snow. Fortunately those obsidian points stick out in the snow like a sore thumb. Christners on Sunday if I ever make it back. Planes rot... Delayed eight hours.

SH

What a Christmas present ! I was raking dirt loosened by the foot pick. . .No insitu. I blinked and there it was. Unfortunatly one side is not perfect, probably damaged using as a blade. .

Photobucket

If the body shop can do some cosmetics work on some mundane point, then this giant gets the treatment. . .

Photobucket

Too much ambient light, it's not really lightbulb white, just sortta washdown light gray.

Idaho
Hal, Congrats on that Perd. Had it been a couple feet longer you could easily peel a real Idaho Spud. What you're looking for to really do the job is a 12 inch corner tang. I did some surface hunting wihle back in Idaho for the holidays but was tough going in the snow. Fortunately those obsidian points stick out in the snow like a sore thumb. Christners on Sunday if I ever make it back. Planes rot... Delayed eight hours.

WHAT What kind of a place IS this Idaho HoHo anyway ??? We believe the spuds the size of footballs but now your saying the black obsidion arrowheads lay on the surface of the snow just the way the scientists find the meteorites on the Antartic ice cap ?

Where is this place IdahoHoHo anyway ?

Congrats on that perd SH

What a monster Hal.Nice

Hey Hal, you must have been extra nice to get something that sweet for Christmas. WTO. guy, and you have even a better New Year.
Happy hunting. AL.C

That's a nice perd Hal. Great Christmas present. Maybe you should blink more often

Nice find Hal, isn't it about time you showed us your

foot long Perd again?

Mike Warton

foot long Perd again?

Yes indeed Mike, that brought an early sunrise to my day today just thinking about the fun we had with
that one !
UNFORTUNATLY, that may have been before I started using a digital camera, in which case the original pics are irretrivably lost in the cases of old memorabilia.
I dont have time right now to look, must be somewhere in the front page histories ! OR We'll have to catch Badger in a good mood to look back in her posting folders.

Nothing wrong with your memory banks Mike, that was back in the old days !

Yes Hal, that one was indeed fun, perhaps why I

remembered it so well. I'm sure if anybody could

resurect that posting, you could. As I have been

in way more holes in the ground than most people, I

have trained my mind to remember caves by their

official names, as it's become the only way I can

remember them, otherwise,.....too many holes! So,

no cobbwebs on the memories yet, but age is at work

on that!

ONE FOOT PERD REDISCOVERED

Mike Warton

foot long Perd again?

Cant transpose a pic to this slot but for those willing to relive history. . .
Return to front page, down to bottom block of icons, top row, 4th from left. . .click APRIL MAY 2008,
12th row of pics down then 5 rows of pics more down.

Original filming was prompted not by huge size of the Perd but by the springtime Bluebonnet field

Re: ONE FOOT PERD REDISCOVERED

SH, I saw the foot long perd and I am wondering why you didn't just burry that thing back in the dirt? (The foot not the point) lol

Re: ONE FOOT PERD REDISCOVERED

Thanks shallow Hal, I knew you'd come through for us

again! The PED in Pedernales incidently,..means FOOT!