Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Heartbreaker Jetta

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Heartbreaker Jetta

Your right, heartbreaker. Good diagram of what once was.
Maybe the original owner used too much torque trying to open a screw on gas tank filler cap [ the one with the two holes for a special Jetta key ! ]

looks like a perd to me

I'd say perd also, due to the flute in the first picture. From what I hear jetta is a pretty uncommon point.

Could be a Perd.My opinion is a Jetta.How many Perds have you seen with a needle tip and Paleo style flute.I still think its Early Archaic Jetta.Anybody else care to comment?Hal?The base is very long and bottom notch is deep.

its a perd. it just has deep basal ears. an early style perd. too much shoulder for a jetta.

No Way!! I totally disagree.Look at Overstreet 11 edition page634 the Jetta from Three Rivers Tx,Huge shoulders.

overstreet has been wrong many times before on point i.d.

the point id is 100% correct.i guess you failed to look!

Could be a Jetta- Who knows?
I have many perds- Most perds i have found have a basal thinning flake like the one you have pictured. True Jetta points are very rare.
See Hesters book and recent comments on this forum.

Just because thier rare doesnt mean you can find one!This point[whatever it is] came from an early archaic site.

That specimen is Pedernales, through and through.
It is clearly not a Jetta point.

TRH

Thank you Doctor Hester for your clarification.Post like this really help the layperson such as myself.